good maths tutoring for selective student? (1 Viewer)

shayan.xy

HSC
hey i'm a student at baulkham hills high looking to take 3u maths

I'm trying to find tutoring close to the area that's a bit advanced and catered to selective students - I'm going to marquis education rn and it's really easy for me to do but the exams in school are way harder

any ideas?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Would it make a difference/would you prefer being tutored at a company like you currently are or would having a private tutor be something you'd prefer? Or does this not really matter to you? If that's the case, you should have a look at the Tutoring Classifieds section as there are several high achieving private tutors who might be able to help you:

You can also find tutors with high academic backgrounds on highschooltutors.com.au that live in your area and who can likely cater to your specific needs.

Additionally, and considering the current COVID-19 situation and the lockdown, there are places such as Matrix Education that offer online tutoring/courses for Mathematics Extension 1:

I hope this helps! :D

idkkdi

HSC

I'm trying to find tutoring close to the area that's a bit advanced and catered to selective students - I'm going to marquis education rn and it's really easy for me to do but the exams in school are way harder

any ideas?
du/kurt/scm

not too sure about scm.

rajeshtheting

HSC

any ideas?
online tutoring would be the only thing anyway which would be feasible in todays world so prolly looking up tutors for a decent rate with good credentials

kkk579

hello
HSC

any ideas?
lol try ngo and sons since there’s an accelerated class which is full of just students from top selective schools (baulko, girra and more). Or Dr Du never tried this tutor but from some reviews on BOS people have said it’s good but some have said it’s bad but it rlly depends on what teacher you get. Heard a lot of Ruse students go there. Also another option is matrix i heard the
math isn’t too bad there.

Momentazeus

HSC
Actually? I am in the baulko class right now and it is going great. Why do they feel like that is the case? Is it because of lockdown or is it a particular topic?

laterz laterz

HSC

any ideas?
hey i go to baulko as well lol. from what i have heard kurt is the most reliable math tutor out there so you should defo try them out.

laterz laterz

HSC
Actually? I am in the baulko class right now and it is going great. Why do they feel like that is the case? Is it because of lockdown or is it a particular topic?
yeah its probably due to lockdown and some other reason idk if i can say here

kkk579

hello
HSC
also what tutor centres have the most difficult qs for maths(exam style qs)? ngo and sons is rlly good at explaining things(in terms of concepts and theory stuff) but i wish their qs were a bit more difficult. what centres do all the top 10-15 selective school kids go to for maths??

vishnay

God
HSC
also what tutor centres have the most difficult qs for maths(exam style qs)? ngo and sons is rlly good at explaining things(in terms of concepts and theory stuff) but i wish their qs were a bit more difficult. what centres do all the top 10-15 selective school kids go to for maths??
ngo questions can get difficult as hell lol

their material for yr 11 and yr 12 is a lot more consistent in terms of difficulty and i'm pretty sure they have some super smart teachers making the content

in terms of top 10-15 most of them go to ngo, du, kurt and now scom ig (it's ballooned in terms of the amount of students over the last yr or so) but imo if ur a semi-decent maths student ngo is perfectly fine and its cheap as hell

kkk579

hello
HSC
ngo questions can get difficult as hell lol

their material for yr 11 and yr 12 is a lot more consistent in terms of difficulty and i'm pretty sure they have some super smart teachers making the content

in terms of top 10-15 most of them go to ngo, du, kurt and now scom ig (it's ballooned in terms of the amount of students over the last yr or so) but imo if ur a semi-decent maths student ngo is perfectly fine and its cheap as hell
i’m in year 8 rn and qs are alright ig but i wish they had more exam style qs

vishnay

God
HSC
i’m in year 8 rn and qs are alright ig but i wish they had more exam style qs
wdym they literally comb through a bunch of exams and chuck exam qs or "exam-style" qs in there 🤣

i went there from yr 8-11 and all their hw was basically exam style qs

kkk579

hello
HSC
wdym they literally comb through a bunch of exams and chuck exam qs or "exam-style" qs in there 🤣

i went there from yr 8-11 and all their hw was basically exam style qs
lmao but i still wish it was slightly harder. if u went there in yr8-11 where r u currently going for yr12?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)