Good ol' Islam (1 Viewer)

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Yes, I'm sure all the people killed in the Crusades and Inquisition would agree with you. And all the Jews that were persecuted by the Church for centuries. And the slaves. And the scientists tortured and victimised to this day. And the abortion doctors. And people affected by the conflict in Northern Ireland. And the young kids raped in Catholic orphanages. And the massacred Rwandans. And the continually victimised homosexual community. And the hundreds of millions of dead Indigenous peoples that have come from hundreds of years of forced Christian conversion and European colonisation.

You know, I doubt the Soviets would blame Christianity. Fairly sure they would blame Communism...

Oh, an atheistic state. You mean like Australia? Where 92% of us don't attend church or regularly follow a religion? Where religion is expressly excluded from our governmental system?
i like ure dp

redmayne

HSC
We've already been over this before in another thread and on each others profile pages.

Can you give me a link to that last stat or the body who organised it. I've seen it thrown around before.
Your logic:

Terrorism, mistreatment of women = condemnation of Islam.

All the Christian atrocities I've ever mentioned here = not Christianity's fault.

Ridiculous.

No link. It's fairly widely accepted I think, not some obscure rubbish. I've seen it used by well respected journos and others.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
A source on what? The shit that Christianity has done?

redmayne

HSC
Nice précis there.

Try as I might, I can't find an official source for this. I've seen the SMH use it. Nuff' said on that front.

I'd love the source.
Are you seriously questioning that the vast majority of Australians don't give a shit about Christianity? Seriously?

Clutching at straws a bit there.

I cannot be bothered to find a source, but even if i didn't know that figure. I would guess it to be in that general area.

I know it must be hard for you to handle, but people are getting with the times. Maybe you should too!

Last edited:

redmayne

HSC
Dont call me an idiot, your the one following the words of a fiction novel.
Hah.

It's funny how quick the Church is to dismiss Harry Potter and L. Ron Hubbard as "dark magic", silly stories and "evil" or whatever.

But in reality, the Bible is the exact same thing. There's no more proof for the existence of God and many other things fundamental to the Christian teachings than there is for Dumbledore, and Scientology's aliens.

Last edited:

TrueHappiness

HSC
Your logic:

Terrorism, mistreatment of women = condemnation of Islam.

All the Christian atrocities I've ever mentioned here = not Christianity's fault.

Ridiculous.

No link. It's fairly widely accepted I think, not some obscure rubbish. I've seen it used by well respected journos and others.
Who in the world stated that its not the Christian's fault. The church fully admits its failures in the past. Theres no one defending the crusades and all the "Christian atrocities". We only strive to be better today.

But the point here is that this Islamic law is still instated today. The attrocity and this great injustice is occuring in modern day world. Grow the hell up and have a look at the big picture.

TrueHappiness

HSC
Hah.

It's funny how quick the Church is to condemn Harry Potter and L. Ron Hubbard as "dark magic" and "evil" or whatever.

But in reality, the Bible is the exact same thing. There's no more proof for the existence of God and many other things fundamental to the Christian teachings than there is for Dumbledore, and Scientology's aliens.
Media hype outlines the radicalism that remains in the world. Most churches are sane, inteligent and beneficial for society.

Why dont you mention all the countless charity and events hosted by the Church for the homeless? Why dont you mention our workers overseas providing food for people? Why dont you mention the billions of dollars the church give in aid for unfortunate people?

Ignorance should not be tolerated.

banco55

HSC
There isn't an investigation because of the government, not the religion.
you sound like the communists in the '50's talking about how communism was a really great thing and the USSR etc. just wasn't doing it right.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Redmayne my old friend. The absence of God in society is just as detrimental. 30 million dead Soviets would suggest that atheistic states don't work.
What you've pointed out is that ingroup-outgroup mentalities and collectivism is bad.

Which applies to all of these different groupings.

Thanks for playing.

redmayne

HSC
Who in the world stated that its not the Christian's fault. The church fully admits its failures in the past. Theres no one defending the crusades and all the "Christian atrocities". We only strive to be better today.

But the point here is that this Islamic law is still instated today. The attrocity and this great injustice is occuring in modern day world. Grow the hell up and have a look at the big picture.
Who in the world? Chris92.

Strive to be better today... Abortion clinic terrorism? Blatant and incendiary homophobia? Northern Ireland conflict?

Yes, well done you! Thanks for trying.

Haha "look at the big picture". You're Christian! You've only ever seen the small one! Fool.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Media hype outlines the radicalism that remains in the world. Most churches are sane, inteligent and beneficial for society.

Why dont you mention all the countless charity and events hosted by the Church for the homeless? Why dont you mention our workers overseas providing food for people? Why dont you mention the billions of dollars the church give in aid for unfortunate people?

But you expect more followers after doing all these things.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
You mean to say that Christ didn't exist. Stop being an idiot. It doesn't get anymore fundamental than that. We know that Dumbeldore definitely exist though.

clutching at straws?
Atleast our straws are not make believe.

redmayne

HSC

I fail to see the relevance to my post you quoted? It was about the fictional nature of Christianity?

But I'll respond anyway, just because I'm a nice guy.

Yes, they do many wonderful things. But those things would be done anyway were Christianity to be non-existent. Christianity is not the source of doing good in the world, to lay claim to that would be disgusting.

You seem to comprehend the role that media hype and sensationalism plays here, why can't you see the exact same thing goes on with Islam?

Brisbane times

Although 64 per cent say they are Christian, fewer than one in 10 attends weekly church.

You should become a contortionist. You've just contorted the truth.

64% - vast majority don't give a shit about Christianity eh?

9% of Australians don't go to church weekly. This figure jumps sizeably when you measure monthly attendance. I haven't been to church in a month. That doesn't detract from my Christian identity though.

Australia politics Christianity
Hahahaha. Yeah, only 9% of Australians don't go to church regularly.

Hahaha, nice one. You should try out for this competition.

Raw Comedy 2010 - Melbourne International Comedy Festival // Raw Comedy

You mean to say that Christ didn't exist. Stop being an idiot. It doesn't get anymore fundamental than that. We know that Dumbeldore definitely exist though.

clutching at straws?
Did I say that Christ didn't exist? No, I did not. He easily could have, but it's highly doubtful that he performed miracles and was resurrected etc. He was just some guy preaching his religion. And over the past 2000 years his story has been embellished to no end. History gets diluted and corrupted even without the fanatical aid of the Church.

sophia92

HSC
You have culture and Religion confused.

Yes the religion affects the culture
but you could not make a fair statement in saying
that all Islamic countries would have
handled this situation in the same way

TrueHappiness

HSC
Who in the world? Chris92.

Strive to be better today... Abortion clinic terrorism? Blatant and incendiary homophobia? Northern Ireland conflict?

Yes, well done you! Thanks for trying.

Haha "look at the big picture". You're Christian! You've only ever seen the small one! Fool.
Ha... We're not perfect, we're only human. And what can i say... mr perfect, who make no mistakes past, present, future.

Firstly, our belief is Abortion is murder. And if you call our just plight against murder as attrocious then so be it.

We dont believe gays do justice to God. And thats quite out there. But the churches offical view is using all best intentions to help our brothers. If some radical Christians do use violence, then we cant do anything but disapprove.

But then again that is RADICALLISM. Are you going to pin terrioism on Islam? That we should rid of all muslims due to their few radical and misguided followers? Then you are more foolish then the world.

And by the way, if you havent noticed, over 2 billion people are Chrsitians. Thats almost 1/3 of the world. So grow up.

TrueHappiness

HSC
I fail to see the relevance to my post you quoted? It was about the fictional nature of Christianity?

But I'll respond anyway, just because I'm a nice guy.

Yes, they do many wonderful things. But those things would be done anyway were Christianity to be non-existent. Christianity is not the source of doing good in the world, to lay claim to that would be disgusting.
I doubt those Christians things would exist without the Church. All this is about before and after. People are changed by their believes in Christ and it leads to a transformation of their lives. This include personal growth of charity and compassion.

Now, im not arguing that these things would not be here, if the Church dosent exist. There are many non-Christian affliated organisations, Red Cross, MSF etc.... But there are also numerous Christian affliations, that ADDS to the help gifted others.

You seem to comprehend the role that media hype and sensationalism plays here, why can't you see the exact same thing goes on with Islam?
But it isnt the exact same thing. This is instated in the GOVERMENT. The institution that is suppose to begift justice to society, nevertheless their religion. And this is just outrageous, their discrimination and injustice.

Christianity do not impose our laws upon society. We dont illegalise adultery. And neither should Islam. Get with the times? Isnt that what you said?

redmayne

HSC
Ha... We're not perfect, we're only human. And what can i say... mr perfect, who make no mistakes past, present, future.

Firstly, our belief is Abortion is murder. And if you call our just plight against murder as attrocious then so be it.

We dont believe gays do justice to God. And thats quite out there. But the churches offical view is using all best intentions to help our brothers. If some radical Christians do use violence, then we cant do anything but disapprove.

But then again that is RADICALLISM. Are you going to pin terrioism on Islam? That we should rid of all muslims due to their few radical and misguided followers? Then you are more foolish then the world.

And by the way, if you havent noticed, over 2 billion people are Chrsitians. Thats almost 1/3 of the world. So grow up.
Wow. You've dramatically misinterpreted my beliefs. How very Christian of you.

I am one man, my mistakes don't affect billions. No one or thing should have that much influence.

Well, I don't see the Pope coming out and saying "chill guys, the gays are allllllright. lay off em alright".

Condemning an entire religion for its extremism is exactly what I'm trying to fight here. That's what's going on here, with Islam. These threads. All the bloody time. I'm just demonstrating that Christianity is no necessarily any better.

If you don't condemn Islam for its terrorism, then I respect that. But that's what many ignorant Christians are doing on this site 24/7. Chris92 included.

Alright, so you seem to respect numbers. See them as an indicator for the respect we should show a religion. I believe Islam has 1.3 or 1.5 billion followers. So by your logic it should be afforded the same respect?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)