Good RnB Music (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
fuck, R&B artists would be so upset if they knew that people are listing fucking POP MUSIC and calling it 'rNb'

fuck, seriously

just because the singer is black does NOT mean it is rnb.

fucking hell.

david guetta and akon listed as rnb. ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS.

fuck i hate wogs taste in music

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
Then you've got people calling Daft Punk, The Prodigy and Justice TECHNO.

Same shit, different smell etc.

Fly Kite

HSC
"david guetta and akon listed as rnb. ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS"

are you retarded?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
"david guetta and akon listed as rnb. ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS"

are you retarded?
what the fuck are you implying you little shit?

that david guetta feat akon - sexy bitch is an 'RnB TuNe'

that shit is pop

POP OPO POP OPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP

watered down fucking garbage giving a bad name to the two genres that they are drawing upon.

ITS FUCKING POP

and whoever calls daft punk, justice or the prodigy techno are fucking retards to.

shit cunts, stop liking music, you're polluting it.

Fly Kite

HSC
just dont post if u dont have anything constructive

not rnb, but
Love Drunk - Boys Like Girls

illmatic1990

HSC
It depends what type of RnB you're looking for and what your definition of good is. I hear that Blacksummersnight by Maxwell is a great one that's been recently released. And you've got the older type veterans like Marvin Gaye, Roy Ayers, Isaac Hayes, Curtis Mayfield but they also have that old funk/soul sort of vibe to them - but then I think you could find tracks by them that are a lot slower. I have two compilations on my computer called "Babies Making Babies" which was compiled by ?uestlove, which were great.

I myself would also recommend Aloe Blacc who I've heard has been called the "indie R Kelly". And you've also got like D'Angelo, Dwele, Bilal who are more underground type artists. Oh, The Foreign Exchange are good also, their first album "Connected" was more Hip Hop but "Leave it All Behind" is definitely more RnB.

AppleCow

HSC
I am very much apprehensive of the crap they're presenting to us as 'rnb'.

The faces of 'rnb' today are there because they allow people to change who they are and I personally don't believe the sell out is worth it. All songs are about sex limiting any other creative ventures an artist could take. At least rnb in the 80s/90s had some dignity about it. They were feel good songs for making love today it's turned into some shameless vulgar fling and disrespecting women! :/

It's saddening to see artists with true talent being either messed around by incompetent labels (Sammie, Lloyd) or denied their opportunity to shine because their style may not appeal to senseless ditsy teeny boppers as their music might actually mean something POW!. :p

So I pretty much stick to old school rnb or the few artists today that are worth listening to.
Try listening to:
*Mario
*Sammie
*Lloyd
*Day 26
*Brutha

I'd also like to add that Australian 'rnb' sucks spectacularly! Sure there are one hit wonders but then they just disappear into that abyss where all failed rnb artists go. If you think I'm wrong have fun trying to disprove it. haha.

On a lighter note... I will always be amazed at how they are able to find and create new words for sex. It honestly never ends. haha. (*:

I apologise for the unintentional lengthiness of this post I just get really opinionated about rnb. ;D

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
I am very much apprehensive of the crap they're presenting to us as 'rnb'.

The faces of 'rnb' today are there because they allow people to change who they are and I personally don't believe the sell out is worth it. All songs are about sex limiting any other creative ventures an artist could take. At least rnb in the 80s/90s had some dignity about it. They were feel good songs for making love today it's turned into some shameless vulgar fling and disrespecting women! :/

It's saddening to see artists with true talent being either messed around by incompetent labels (Sammie, Lloyd) or denied their opportunity to shine because their style may not appeal to senseless ditsy teeny boppers as their music might actually mean something POW!. :p

So I pretty much stick to old school rnb or the few artists today that are worth listening to.
Try listening to:
*Mario
*Sammie
*Lloyd
*Day 26
*Brutha

I'd also like to add that Australian 'rnb' sucks spectacularly! Sure there are one hit wonders but then they just disappear into that abyss where all failed rnb artists go. If you think I'm wrong have fun trying to disprove it. haha.

On a lighter note... I will always be amazed at how they are able to find and create new words for sex. It honestly never ends. haha. (*:

I apologise for the unintentional lengthiness of this post I just get really opinionated about rnb. ;D

Lloyd has had his share of success. 'Get It Shawty' is very accessible. and i like that song. 'southside' was a pretty big hit over in the U.S as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)