Good sites to buy RAM, Computer fan, External/Internal Memory (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
my computer is full of crap, need more shit added to my tower, ppl can you all suggest sites, shops that has good prices for these computer accessories thx

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Or any of the stores around MSY will usually price-match them.

timace

haaarrr.
HSC
AsyLum said:
Or any of the stores around MSY will usually price-match them.
ARC won't, but that's ok, they've actually got customer service.

ricometa

HSC
chicky_pie said:
what about that store OrangeIT i heard they're cheap, located in the city
no OrangeIT is not cheap.
there are cheaper stores out there

milanista

HSC
ITEstate

I bought all my computer components from there, they're close to Castle Hill and very affordable and sell good components, that is, if you know what to look for. ;)

Also, as suggested above Static Ice is a good website which basically finds the cheapest prices from many Australian stores and shows you the results. You need to know exactly what component you're looking for though.

Disposable

is failing the HSC
HSC
milanista said:
ITEstate

I bought all my computer components from there, they're close to Castle Hill and very affordable and sell good components, that is, if you know what to look for.
ITEstate is very cheap, but has little to no customer service, not that i matters coz you order it and pick it up/get it delivered without having to deal with them much. But when your trying to get a 8800GTS within 2 days for a mates 18th and you need to know whether or not they actually have it in stock for pickup, then i wouldnt recommend, half the time they do not answer there phone, they dont answer emails and when you do finally get on they tell you they'll call back in 30mins and you end up having to call them up 2 hrs later just to find out whats going on. /endrant

Anyway staticice is a good place to start, you can look up items your thinking of buying and it'll give you an idea of the cheaper stores around, itestate, umart (they have a sydney store on a separate website from there main, buggered if i know why), d&dcomputers and ticomputers are all places i would have a look at.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Depends, usually not.

The $200-300 dollar tax at customs + shipping usually offsets any savings I've found (with other stuff not essentially computers).

Disposable

is failing the HSC
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
hey guyz. do u reckon its cheaper to buy computer parts from the US (given the exchange rate) and pay the shipping, especially if your building a whole system and can have it all sent from the one supplier. Thoughts?
would be alright if it was marked as a 'gift'

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
how much would it cost (cheapest price) if i upgraded to 4GB ram?
Depends on which type of RAM you're going for and whether generic or brand is worth something to you.

Its fairly cheap for DDR2 but a bit more for DDR1

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
AsyLum said:
Depends on which type of RAM you're going for and whether generic or brand is worth something to you.

Its fairly cheap for DDR2 but a bit more for DDR1
I'm looking for ram too. Set my sights on crucial ballistix 1g x 2. (Too broke to afford 4 atm) :(

Tojara

HSC
AsyLum said:
Depends, usually not.

The $200-300 dollar tax at customs + shipping usually offsets any savings I've found (with other stuff not essentially computers).
The $200-300 tax....... wtf are u on?

I just ordered RAM from www.priceguidenetwork.com in america and it turned out to be $80 cheaper then anything in Australia even after shipping.

4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-1066 (PC2-8500) (4x1GB)

It was $280 AU all up.

karnage

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
hey guyz. do u reckon its cheaper to buy computer parts from the US (given the exchange rate) and pay the shipping, especially if your building a whole system and can have it all sent from the one supplier. Thoughts?
And then you get screwed over when somethings wrong with the computer and you need to send it back :eek:

Up to you what you prefer, peace of mind with the warranty or good prices but have poor aftersales support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)