Good sources for Eco data? (1 Viewer)

k-cullen

HSC
Hey all! :pirate:
For a year 12 eco assessment at school (a hand in one) we have to use lots of relevant data etc. and we are doing the first globalisation and trade topic. We need the data about protectionist economies or blocs, and I was wondering where to go to to look for some current stats about how much they trade outside their agreements, inside them, levels of tariffs etc. so I can talk about how protectionism still exists - particularly within trading blocs.

I think what I am talking about is right - but I would LOVE some data on it to help me and my assessment!

Where should I go? Any good sites?

Thanks alot for you help! And good luck in your exams everyone! :D

tashisthebest

HSC

k-cullen

HSC
Awesome - thanks heaps!
I was looking through my school text, Dixon, and he uses the World Development Indicators of 2009 - I've been on their site but its all mumbo jumbo to me :) Should I just copy his graphs and cite them - they seem to look like they're good.
hahaha...... I'm really bad at eco - any pointers there? :)

slev

HSC
i recommend starting by just researching the economy and try to show how they have reduced protection or whatever and become more globalised without data, and any data u find just by googling, even if u dont think reliable, it may be, so just check to make sure that it is correct, if it is then u dont need to specifically look for data. For example, if u type in something like "reducing protection in america" just click on whatever is there, and just get the bulk of your assignment underway, articles of pdf files can be found by doing this, and any data u find include it, and at the end, check to see if correct, and even if u dont have time, just leave it in, because chances are it may be correct, and your teacher will appreciate your effort, but i reccomend checking anyway. Hope it helps, this is how i got through the hsc when i did it, and i finished 4th in a top 100 school. Economics is not hard, it is just a myth, if u just understand the text, and can connect economic issues, u will never run out of topics to use in an essay, in economics this is the way to succeed. Just understand the content, dont really worry about the assignment as much, as the bulk of your hsc is centered around content, just try to do 'ok' for this task, but by all means, do as well as u can.

k-cullen

HSC
Thanks heaps - I'll try to just write it and fit in the stats around it :) It was specificially mentioned on the criteria, so I wanted to make sure I had it to make sure at least I was 'in it' to get the marks.

Which textbook is better - Dixon or Riley? Is there another textbook?

slev

HSC
i used the leading edge text, i think it is dixon, try to use the latest text, it makes your life much easier in terms of data for essays, our school gave us the 05 text, and it was 3 years old when i did hsc (08), it made life difficult.

vennmuch

HSC
Economic Indicators, Interest Rates, Exchange Rate Forecasts
Leading Edge Education � What's New

these two website are really good for stats on individual countires, you will need them for your case study.

But for ur assigment i would recommand

just browse through it >>WTO | International trade and tariff data

or even

Statistics | Human Development Reports (HDR) | United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) look at the HDI stats for the countries
Thanks heaps. Not my thread but the links should save me a lot of time (Y)

And thanks for the other posters as well :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)