• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

good units and can i change? (1 Viewer)

thisisme

HSC
N/A
Hey,

I have been accepted/enrolled into the B media degree at mac and had my proposed timetable signed off. Someone photocopied it and then I was accepted on the computer by someone else but that was just the degree, had nothing to do with individual units.

SO my question is can i select different units from those that were on my signed off timetable and enrol in those from the safety of my computer at home? Am i right in thinking that no one is going to go through all those photocopies, read my messily written up timetable and say HA! they have changed their units and this is bad...?

Also- anyone have any suggestions for a first year unit wise? Was thinking of doing MKTG101 and ICOM101. (Am very sad that ICOM100 isn't running.) And CUL101, MUS102 and HIS243. What do you think of these courses? Especially the marketing one- I am worried because it is just a three hour lecture every week, no tuts. And three hours sounds scary and boring compared to my other one hour lectures.....

I'd really like to do a film studies unit and the closest I think I can get to is the History in film unit. Any units you can suggest that are very enjoyable/interesting/valuable? Or PRACTICAL loving?

Also any to do with advertising, pr, film- something that someone who likes those things might be interested in or something that I might like I just don't know about yet and could change my career goal or something big?! Heh.

THANKS! :)

HSC
N/A
Enrolled? Enrolled enrolled?

Then those units are the ones you're enrolled it. It was likely photocopied because the system was down, but trust me, you're enrolled in those classes to the exact time and location. Either it won't let you change online, or it "will" but it won't be on the official roll/list and you won't be permitted to do those classes.

Luckily you can change it during semester though.

I've done MKTG101 and quite liked it. It's actually a 2-hour lecture followed by a 1-hr "en masse" tute. Double-check the handbook to see whether you can do it though... I know a lot of things have changed this year, but up till last year only certain degrees could do it (business, marketing, creative arts).

buddys

HSC
glitterfairy said:
I've done MKTG101 and quite liked it. It's actually a 2-hour lecture followed by a 1-hr "en masse" tute. Double-check the handbook to see whether you can do it though... I know a lot of things have changed this year, but up till last year only certain degrees could do it (business, marketing, creative arts).
MKTG101 have no pre reqs this year - im doing it :D

thisisme

HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
Enrolled? Enrolled enrolled?

Then those units are the ones you're enrolled it. It was likely photocopied because the system was down, but trust me, you're enrolled in those classes to the exact time and location. Either it won't let you change online, or it "will" but it won't be on the official roll/list and you won't be permitted to do those classes.
But I haven't enrolled in my units....because on that enrollment day (as in enrollment in degree not units) they said go home, log onto estudent and enrol in your units but I haven't done that yet so all they have from me unit wise is that photocopied sheet...?

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
You'll have to run this by someone else but I still think you'll run into trouble if you try to just change your units of your own accord? A better idea would be to run it by the uni first so they know you're about to change it.

thisisme

HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
You'll have to run this by someone else but I still think you'll run into trouble if you try to just change your units of your own accord? A better idea would be to run it by the uni first so they know you're about to change it.
Yeah? I guess I can always change it early semester. I just don't know what the uni can really do but then again I don't know how strict they are so?!? Heh.

How common is it for people to change around and experiment with a variety of classes before they settle? Or even just change once?

Thanks your help!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
thisisme said:
Yeah? I guess I can always change it early semester. I just don't know what the uni can really do but then again I don't know how strict they are so?!? Heh.

How common is it for people to change around and experiment with a variety of classes before they settle? Or even just change once?

Thanks your help!
They photocopied it because the system was down, they would've inputted the classes for you and thus changing should be impossible till the first two weeks of uni, and you'd need the change of program forms for that.

PR units are in 3rd year, advertising perhaps take more MKTG.

HSC
N/A
thisisme said:
Reasonably common however you can only do this up to a certain date (it's like week three of semester or something).

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
thisisme said:

Thanks your help!
for tutes i think they want it done by first week, they don't let people keep changing tutes. it depends on the department though.
if you mean units, it's common but you must pick up units by the end of first week or drop by the 31st march (edit: thanks kegs, i'm a month behind) (or whatever census date is this year)

Last edited:

Kegs

HSC
Census date is 31st march. And there are some classes you can pick up before the end of week 2. All changing is over by then though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)