Goodies from the 2005 SMS (1 Viewer)

SlipStream

HSC
To post these in the other thread would be like holding the release of a Citroen supercar on the Somme battlefield. So please discuss these beautiful cars without fighting about em! :)

(All images sourced from www.fordaustraliaforums.com - the links below (as opposed to images) are URLs to attachments, so I'm not sure if they'll work or not.)

FROM THE BLUE OVAL

Ford Focus XR5 Turbo - 2.5L I5 (yes, 5 cylinder) Turbo, coming to Oz in 2006
166kW and 320Nm!

Looks awesome! Finally, a Focus to drool over! A rival for the WRX, I'm curious as to where Ford will position the XR5 Turbo on the market with its pricing. Weird name, when I'm used to hearing XR6/T and XR8, but by drawing their performance variants into more of a family I think it's a good move by Ford. I'll get used to it.

FPV's BF range

New stripe design, front and rear bars and wheels. Brembos standard on all models (was a $6000 option) except GT-P and SuperPursuit, which get premium Brembos. That's awesome, cos they are a set of extremely good ancors. Option of the new ZF 6-speed auto slushbox (awesome!). GT and GT-P get M5-esque dual rear exhausts. 19" wheels optional on F6 Typhoon and Tornado. Three new colours (well, refreshed versions of older colours).

Ford's BF Falcon (for those living under a rock :p)

Notice new wheels and front and rear bars for XR6/T and XR8

NEW STUFF FROM THE GENERAL

EFJI Holden Concept - holy shit! This was unexpected, caught everyone in the automotive media off guard big time! LS2 6.0L V8 with roots-type supercharger: 480kW and 775Nm!!!

HSV (Monaro) GTO LE

I think the idea of that is to remind everyone that although Holden have stopped selling the Monaro, HSV continue to do so. Looks alright.

Overall, there are some VERY nice cars on show at the 2005 SMS. I wish I was there... :rolleyes:

oh2sxc

HSC
That yellow monaro looks so nice but I think they need to change their head light range.. the style has been in place for too long i think they have to do something like ford has done by changing the front look completely.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I got Motor magazine. fuck i love the look of the Focus XR5. the EFIJY is hot. i personally like the HSV grunt look that you posted. going to Motor Show tomorrow.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Why is it all ford? :p

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Because they have a raft of more interesting new models and upgrades.....

RE the XR5, presumably it is the C1 platform (Volvo S40, Ford Focus, Mazda 2) now mated with the five cylinder turbo engine from the S40T5?

Volvo performance rules once again.....

SlipStream

HSC
Murf said:
looks mad the yellow monaro, like the rims as well. I agree about the headlights tho.

have to log into those ford australia forums to view the pics :(

Murf
D'oh! I thought that would happen. :(

Couldn't be screwed removing all the links. Perhaps after AOS exam.

addymac: yeh the I5T is from the S40/V50. Right platform, although I don't know about the Mazda2... :p Yeh I know, just a typo. :)

Grab your copy of the latest MOTOR for great articles and pics from the 05 SMS! [/spam] ;)

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
DaddyK said:
The bf looks just like the ba, i thought there would have been some pretty big changes. But i don't care because i think the design looks tuff as hell.
when you have a good look why change..they are just making some engine changes and a few diffrent looks, thats about it.

i really wish i could go this year...there are so much new and cool cars to see.

SlipStream

HSC
shortygb said:
when you have a good look why change..they are just making some engine changes and a few diffrent looks, thats about it.

i really wish i could go this year...there are so much new and cool cars to see.
Engine changes? Jeez! They must be looking under the couches at Ford for pennies, because Ford's development budget doesn't accomodate a new engine for every facelift... :rolleyes: No engine changes with the BF, I'm afraid. It's merely a facelift to help smooth over Ford's transition of gearboxes (6-speed manual from BAII, and 6-speed ZF auto). Nothing exciting, really.

Yeh I wish I was there too... :eek:

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
SlipStream said:
Engine changes? Jeez! They must be looking under the couches at Ford for pennies, because Ford's development budget doesn't accomodate a new engine for every facelift... :rolleyes: No engine changes with the BF, I'm afraid. It's merely a facelift to help smooth over Ford's transition of gearboxes (6-speed manual from BAII, and 6-speed ZF auto). Nothing exciting, really.

Yeh I wish I was there too... :eek:
oh ok it thought that they changed the engine but they just ajusted power outputs form the same engine.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
nope. the only major change is the six-speed auto, with reduced emissions and lower fuel consumption, besides the minor face lift. power and torque are exactly the same.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
transcendent said:
nope. the only major change is the six-speed auto, with reduced emissions and lower fuel consumption, besides the minor face lift. power and torque are exactly the same.
no, power and torque is up too:

Wheels Magazine said:
OUT: BA Falcon

Base 4.0 litre - 182kw at 5000rpm - 380Nm at 3250rpm

Turbo 4.0 litre - 240kw at 5250rpm - 450Nm at 2000rpm

IN: BF Falcon

Base 4.0 litre - 190kw at 5250rpm - 383Nm at 2500rpm

Turbo 4.0 litre - 245kw at 5250rpm - 480Nm at 2000rpm

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
oh, well i was looking at Typhoon and GT-P which Motor magazine said the outputs were the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)