Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha :) (1 Viewer)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Re: Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha

both mac and windows are based on linux...

:rofl:
No, technically they're based on Unix... Mac stole it and windows stole it and now it's available for all and Mac and Windows make you pay for their versions.

Linux = win = free.
Umm..
?
Windows isn't based on Unix. Windows is its own OS. If you had to say it was based on something, it would be based on DOS.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Gosh don't you just love Apple!!! I mean ugh...so hard to keep it professional ha

Umm..
?
Windows isn't based on Unix. Windows is its own OS. If you had to say it was based on something, it would be based on DOS.
Speaking of which, I used to know a few DOS commands when I was younger as I could use it back then. I should learn it again now.

youngminii

Banned
HSC

Lol the only DOS commands I know are the ones needed to use DOS emulators to play the classic DOS games :D

schoolisalright

HSC

youngminii

Banned
HSC

Main Page - MacvsWindows.com, Mac OS X Snow Leopard vs. Windows 7

I'm definitely a PC. Windows has many viruses because many people use it. No one uses Mac that why there isnt any viruses no one can be bothered on the worse Operating System in the world. Does Mac have a search engine?

Mac virus - Bing

Proof that PC IS BETTER THAN MAC

Just use kaspersky on PC !Home Computer Security - Kaspersky Lab
Probably making myself look like a fool for replying to someone that doesn't know anything and only has 10 points, but whatever I want to defend my mac.

While it is true to a certain extent that Macs have less viruses than Windows because it's less popular, Macs have better security than Windows in general. Macs are based on Unix which is Open Source. If something is open source, then it means anyone that uses the internet can look at the source code (and in the case of professionals, upgrade it.. Sort of like wikipedia)
Since there is a whole community behind Unix, it's far more secure than Windows which is only maintained by Microsoft. Haven't you noticed that you get security updates for Windows every two weeks? Nothing like that for the Mac.

So you're saying since Microsoft owns some shitty search engine (bing), Windows wins? Everyone knows nothing can overtake google, and bing is just a renamed version of msn search and that flopped.

Good work son, you found a virus for the Mac. I commend you.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

Probably making myself look like a fool for replying to someone that doesn't know anything and only has 10 points, but whatever I want to defend my mac.

While it is true to a certain extent that Macs have less viruses than Windows because it's less popular, Macs have better security than Windows in general. Macs are based on Unix which is Open Source. If something is open source, then it means anyone that uses the internet can look at the source code (and in the case of professionals, upgrade it.. Sort of like wikipedia)
Since there is a whole community behind Unix, it's far more secure than Windows which is only maintained by Microsoft. Haven't you noticed that you get security updates for Windows every two weeks? Nothing like that for the Mac.

So you're saying since Microsoft owns some shitty search engine (bing), Windows wins? Everyone knows nothing can overtake google, and bing is just a renamed version of msn search and that flopped.

Good work son, you found a virus for the Mac. I commend you.
I use bing, because of the updated picture and better images results.

That's beside the point. Mac is safer than Windows because of the UNIX fact which you've said. In terms of security on an operating system basis linux > mac > windows.

Uncle

Banned
HSC

back in 1969, the US military developed ARPANET which had the ability to find different paths to reach the destination computer should one of the links be severed, which we now know as the internet.

OLD

in 2007, there is a PC vs. Mac video which apparently parodies the rivalry of a PC and Mac and Wendas posted a link to it.

OLD

Weddas

Cooking Up a Storm
HSC

My bad i just thought it was funny as.

Peace
Weddas

AppearOffline

HSC

I've had both
apple is way better
the macs are faster, no viruses, better quality sound and picture
the only problem is that its harder to find programs for mac than it is for windows
they should make all programs work over both stations
If you're getting viruses on Windows, then you're probably doing it wrong.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A

Apple products aren't bad, just hilariosly overpriced. Oh, and if you work in IT, you will come to hate Apples, because they are so damn incompatible with Microsoft Windows Server.
Only if you're a moron who can't use ActiveDirectory and LDAP propertly.

With Snow Leopard OS X has native AD 2008 support built in.

If you're sitting on your arse twiddling your thumbs with a broken setup of Server 2003, you woult dislike it.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A

both mac and windows are based on linux...

:rofl:
Windows is not and has not ever been POSIX compliant.

You fail.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A

Main Page - MacvsWindows.com, Mac OS X Snow Leopard vs. Windows 7

I'm definitely a PC. Windows has many viruses because many people use it. No one uses Mac that why there isnt any viruses no one can be bothered on the worse Operating System in the world. Does Mac have a search engine?

That's the most retarded fucking argument I've ever heard. Security through obscurity was disproved with IIS vs Apache.

Snow Leopard is technologically superior to Windows 7 and anyone with a basic understanding of computer science knows this.

Apple provides developers with higher quality APIs in their releases to allow the average quality of application on the mac to be of a higher quality than that on Windows.

Further, Indigo (MSFT's response to Applescript application inter-communication) hasn't really come to the fore of late.

This thread is filled with utter fucking morons that have no idea what they're talking about.

Windows is better for games, that is all.

OS X is better for everything else.

Yay, we have all come to a wonderful conclusion.

chuboy

HSC

Only if you're a moron who can't use ActiveDirectory and LDAP propertly.

With Snow Leopard OS X has native AD 2008 support built in.

If you're sitting on your arse twiddling your thumbs with a broken setup of Server 2003, you woult dislike it.
How useful, most of the Macs in the world are now compatible with every Microsoft-based network =/

Too bad not every enterprise can afford $15000 for Microsoft Server 08, Apple would have done well to consider compatibility with Server 2003 as well - not that compatibility with Microsoft was ever a particularly strong point of OS X (both good and bad, undeniably). Oh well, I'm sure all the Mac users will be pleased to shell out for their service pack for the privelege of using a network. Correction, just the Intel-based Macs =)

Also, I'm surprised that given the popularity of OS X among snooty businesspeople, it took them this long to finally support Exchange 2007.

pandapip888

HSC

my mac book pro is named jean paul. he is beautiful. i would spend ell over three grand on him.

edit: but then again, i have always used apples, since the 'power pc' or whatever it was in the mid nineties. i have no idea how people even begin to argue that windows are better, and even if they were, im far too biased to see it...
nice and yes it was the power pc's I used to have a IIVX and 14Mb of ram I like the old days
but now I have a Imac G5 2.5Ghz and 4 Gb of ram

Last edited:

valeria.m5.5

HSC

I've had both
apple is way better
the macs are faster, no viruses, better quality sound and picture
the only problem is that its harder to find programs for mac than it is for windows
they should make all programs work over both stations

Same here, in my opinion macs seem as though they were really well researched as to what the everyday person/designer/pop culture wanted and needed in a computer that wasn't provided or was causing the target market problems from exsisting competitors.

I say this because when i had my PC it was great for games and all, except i always wanted it to be faster, neater looking, without so much virus and file maintenance, and a cleaner interface. And i got sick of upgrading parts in attempt of fixing these problems.

As i hoped to be a graphic designer i noticed at work experience that MACs were everywhere, so i decided to switch to a mac.
And i guess for my needs it is more than enough, and i have an old macbookpro, not the new one, ive had it for years now (with no problems) when with my past PCs i would have probably had to replace half the components already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)