GOVT 2nd year units? (1 Viewer)

cheekoo

HSC
Hey :)

I'm having quite a difficult time deciding what unit(s) to study for GOVT (2nd year). Just wanted to know what other people are thinking of taking next sem and why? Current GOVT students, are there any specific ones you'd encourage? I've heard International Security is really good but I'm not sure. Aaah can't decide!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
International Security is great! Its' taught by Gil - he has legendary status in the government department. Other than that, for semester one, I'd recommend Globalisation, Governance and the State - John Milker is an amazing lecturer and its' a very interesting course. IF you're looking for something without an exam, Modern Political Thought may be for you. Warning though, its' highly Marxist lol.

For semester 2, Politics of International Economics Relations was the best! Milker was the lecturer again, and its' such a fabulous course, if you want to know how economics works on a global scale, you have to do this course - but here's the thing, you don't need to know anything about economics!

Try and do some of the units which are outside the government department, but are cross listed with government units and thus count towards your government major. Cross-Listed Units of Study - Department of Government and International Relations - The University of Sydney Out of this list, I recommend anything from the US Studies Centre, and JCTC2607 Israel in the Modern Middle East

cheekoo

HSC
Thank you, kind person! That really helps. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)