Govt wants ISPs to record browsing history (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Not me.

BEWARE Labor "reformist" governments.

God I seriously detest this current pack of dangerous commie swines.

Every bit of 'freedom' ever taken, done by Labor.

Polling day - first Labor bleeb that tries to hand me an ALP flyer - look the heck out!

EU's bad, even 80% of Germans want out, Rudds lot worse.
Um, don't get delusional.

Labour of Hawke/Keating were fucking ace. Liberal of Fraser were fucking ace.

Labour of Rudd, Liberal of Howard? Not so much. Pretty horrible.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Much like the filter, I don't see entirely why I should care? If I view nothing illegal than nothing will happen and if I do something illegal I will be caught and prosecuted? What next? Cameras on streets recording the speed I'm driving? Honestly its 1984 without the ministry of love.
I imagine you also wouldn't have a problem with everybody's phone lines being taped and recorded by default and without a warrant.

Lentern

HSC
I imagine you also wouldn't have a problem with everybody's phone lines being taped and recorded by default and without a warrant.
There is something a bit eery and creepy about it yes but I can't really imagine a tangible negative coming from it in principle, can you? There are slippery slope arguments about how it could be abused, extreme example is the government has taps on opposition phone lines and exploits this in the campaign. But that's the thin end of the wedge, all the arguments against the theory are rhetorical, idealogical, not tangible.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Much like the filter, I don't see entirely why I should care? If I view nothing illegal than nothing will happen and if I do something illegal I will be caught and prosecuted? What next? Cameras on streets recording the speed I'm driving? Honestly its 1984 without the ministry of love.
RC material isnt illegal to view you impotent fuck.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
God damn. The "if you've done nothing illegal, you have nothing to worry about" argument is such tripe. The numerous instances of benign or coercive abuses or miscarriages of the law that inconvenience (to say the least) innocent individuals are pretty clear indicators for limiting government monitoring and intervention in private life. Sure, it's a noble pursuit to punish those who abuse children and whatnot. But this isn't the way to go about it.

Also, doubting "tangible negative" impacts is fucking ridiculous. Security and freedom are PERCEIVED by individuals - they do not intrinsically exist, and so are clearly not completely tangible. Such monitoring would disturb a whole lot of people, who aren't sure if they've even broken the law. Fear is the tool of a tyrant.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
God damn. The "if you've done nothing illegal, you have nothing to worry about" argument is such tripe. The numerous instances of benign or coercive abuses or miscarriages of the law that inconvenience (to say the least) innocent individuals are pretty clear indicators for limiting government monitoring and intervention in private life. Sure, it's a noble pursuit to punish those who abuse children and whatnot. But this isn't the way to go about it.

Also, doubting "tangible negative" impacts is fucking ridiculous. Security and freedom are PERCEIVED by individuals - they do not intrinsically exist, and so are clearly not completely tangible. Such monitoring would disturb a whole lot of people, who aren't sure if they've even broken the law. Fear is the tool of a tyrant.
Thank you for typing what I was too angry to.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
There is something a bit eery and creepy about it yes but I can't really imagine a tangible negative coming from it in principle, can you? There are slippery slope arguments about how it could be abused, extreme example is the government has taps on opposition phone lines and exploits this in the campaign. But that's the thin end of the wedge, all the arguments against the theory are rhetorical, idealogical, not tangible.
Muhamed Haneef should've had "nothing to worry about". How's he for tangible?

Reece92

HSC
Kevin Rudd is hopeless.
Conroy must be retarted.

Just vote against Labour

Lentern

HSC
RC material isnt illegal to view you impotent fuck.
And if someone conducts themselves within the law I doubt their lives will be affected one iota by this proposal, of course they might have their ears start bleeding for having to listen to the hysteric cries of a paranoid bunch of punks who drink too much coffee and have watched "V for Vendetta" one too many times.

These numerous instances are failures of individuals not of the policy. One could argue that given their perchance for "coercive abuses" and "miscarriages of the law" that its equally ludicrous to lead governments in charge of the military.

Well as I said about the filter I don't actually support the proposal and were I king of the world I'd be disinclined to implement and perhaps all other things being perfect I would get a bit grumpy about it but for the mean time I tend to think we perhaps would be well advised to put the higher price on the things that do intrinsically exist.
Muhamed Haneef should've had "nothing to worry about". How's he for tangible?
Haneef's detention had little to do with bad laws and much more to do with disregard for the law. It was a tragic, disgusting incident which makes it all the more difficult to say I am proud to be an Australian but its worth remembering that the government that detained him and cancelled his visa has since been voted out.
his policy is fucked and bringing us closer to 1984.
Oh fuck of you knobhead. You as good as invoked the Hitler analogy and therefore forfeit your role in the debate.

xMaNx

HSC
No one vote for fucking labour. Rudd will turn australia into a place worse than china.
If you cant vote tell your parents, this fucker better not win!

badquinton304

HSC
And if someone conducts themselves within the law I doubt their lives will be affected one iota by this proposal, of course they might have their ears start bleeding for having to listen to the hysteric cries of a paranoid bunch of punks who drink too much coffee and have watched "V for Vendetta" one too many times.
I see where you are coming from with the whole paranoia, but it is still a step in the wrong direction, because it simply violates the privacy of an entire nation of internet users, for very little if any gain. Not to mention the idea of being watched on the internet makes me personally uncomfortable and I can imagine many other people feeling uncomfortable about it. So I don't understand why the government would even consider a policy which would have little or no benefit.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

Why should people have to tip toe when surfing the web? Both ideas proposed by the government can be easily manipulated to ass fuck anyone they wish. Both ideas are heavily based off Chinas policies, and as far as im concerned, that is not a good fucking thing.

IMO, Australia is turning into China, we copy their policies, and now they are thinking of hiking up their mining tax's to match ours.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
Not to mention the idea of being watched on the internet makes me personally uncomfortable and I can imagine many other people feeling uncomfortable about it.
Yeah! What I fap to is none of the government's business.

*searches up Kristina Keneally*
*FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)