GP - Are you happy with your group? (1 Viewer)

1cor13

HSC
The title says it all... are you happy with the group you have for your group performance?
I'm happy with mine, nobody in it really slacks off... we get distracted easily though :p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah, i'm happy. we knew we were going to go together for a long time, and we always work well with each other. plus we're all friends so there's no awkwardness and we're not afraid to yell at each other if need be. :D

Mutationis

Jun Ting Chau
HSC
i pretty happy with my group. it could have been a lot worse. but it's good coz we all think alike and do very artsy stuff

sedated_mind

HSC
yeh im pretty happy with my group, and my class only had 8 people in it in total so when we were on our onstage trip the scheming began and i ended up with 5 people then one person created a rift and sneakily left the group leaving us with 4 people then one dropped out of school so we're down to three and its working rather well

HSC
I can safely say im happy with the group i have. Although there wasnt much choice in a class of 5. Still, we have some awesome ideas that will be really impressive as long as we can pull them off.

~eZZa~

HSC
The same thing happened to us- around 6 ppl dropped out of drama last term, which meant we were all pretty worried bout what group we would get put into

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
happy with my group at the begin thou there was alot of scheeming as others have said but were motivated and working arses offf go team

greenapple^0^

HSC
:mad1: :burn: oh my god~~!! i like my group as we are all friends we had 5 and one i donno what had happen to her so now we are 4 and god damn it we are going no where~!!! we did 2min performance today which was so shit because our drama teacher doesn't like us as we are not "perfect" and because we arn't the "best" in class... can he really do that to us..like come on you suppose to help~!!! god damn it and now we have to do 4min performace on monday which we don't even have full 2min~~ and no bother even trying as he doesn't like us coz we suck~~ but i know we don't suck, i know we can do it and i just want to do it more better just because of him~
AARRRRRGGGHHHHH I HATE DRAMA ARRRGGHHHHH and i have to do IP as well which i'm doing performance... you know what botheres me is that he pity me because english isn't my first language..sooo f***king annoying :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn:

kimmi06

HSC
my group isnt too bad...we've sorta hit a brick wall atm though, so everyone seems to be pissing me off lol. there's only one person im really not happy with (i didnt want to work with her in the first place). she tries to drive the piece like u wouldn't believe, and when we had to perform the other week 4 our teacher she started ad-libbing (when we HAD lines already) just so the rest of us looked bad! :burn:

uberschveinen

HSC
Ugh. I used to be happy with the group I was in, until the worst member suddenly decided his contribution to the group was no longer required. His attendance of class steadily declined, as did his contribution to the group in general, though I didn't think the latter possible as he has never (that I can remember) said anything useful in any groupwork session. Today was the second day in a row he had skipped a drama lesson, and of all the things HE WAS OUTSIDE PLAYING SOCCER AT THE TIME. when we confronted him about this, he didn't say anything and just walked away.

Now if this was an isolated incident, I wouldn't mind. In fact, I'd assume there was a damn good reason for it and not bother inquiring. However, there hasn't been a single week this year where he's attended all 4/5 drama periods, and he's doing the same thing in every other subject.

My real concern is simply what can I do about this? Confronting him to get to damn working hasn't worked before, and I haven't figured out the new tack I'll take. We can't force him out of our group as he can't go to another and we've incorporated his character into the performance. At this rate he's a strong contender for failing at least three subjects due to lack of attendance and I don't want to make more plans involving him if he's just going to be forcibly dropped. To sum up, what the hell can I do about him?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
uberschveinen said:
Ugh. I used to be happy with the group I was in, until the worst member suddenly decided his contribution to the group was no longer required. His attendance of class steadily declined, as did his contribution to the group in general, though I didn't think the latter possible as he has never (that I can remember) said anything useful in any groupwork session. Today was the second day in a row he had skipped a drama lesson, and of all the things HE WAS OUTSIDE PLAYING SOCCER AT THE TIME. when we confronted him about this, he didn't say anything and just walked away.

Now if this was an isolated incident, I wouldn't mind. In fact, I'd assume there was a damn good reason for it and not bother inquiring. However, there hasn't been a single week this year where he's attended all 4/5 drama periods, and he's doing the same thing in every other subject.

My real concern is simply what can I do about this? Confronting him to get to damn working hasn't worked before, and I haven't figured out the new tack I'll take. We can't force him out of our group as he can't go to another and we've incorporated his character into the performance. At this rate he's a strong contender for failing at least three subjects due to lack of attendance and I don't want to make more plans involving him if he's just going to be forcibly dropped. To sum up, what the hell can I do about him?
:eek: talk to your teacher about it, see if he/she can help you either get him to work or find some way to work around him. how many people are in your group? in other words, if you have to drop him or proceed without his input will you have enough people to continue? if you have to, see your principal. it really sounds like a dilemma, coz its so hard to convince people like that to get motivated. i would say, that as a last resort, if he continues to be so un-enthusiastic and you have enough people without him, then simply make up your performance without him, and if he happens to come on the exam day, give him a non-part, eg "go stand in that spot and stay there for the next eight minutes". it would be his own fault.

uberschveinen

HSC
Eh, problem solved. He got asked to leave the school and we've reconstructed the performance to work, in all honesty, better without him.

Namlet

The Yellow Pirate!
HSC
We got thrown into groups at my school so I have two friends who will listen to me, there's one we all don't like, and another friend I have to somewhat push sometimes to do work but in the end, we've completed it and we're performing it next week in front of two markers and a class of 30. Should be interesting.

~NiTa~

HSC
We realli didnt hav a choice... we were fine as a group to start off with (4 girls) but we had 1 memeber of our class of 11 drop out in bout wk 4 of term 2 which mucked everything up and we had 2 then include a guy. our trial was pretty shit. we had 2 perform infront of bout 60 ppl. i didnt even feel when i got on stage that i was actually doin my hsc drama trials. we all got a range of marks... i didnt do 2 badly. but now coz we hav so much stuff 2 work on, i feel that the ppl in my group who got lower marks dont want to contribute 2 fixing it up, we r all just ova it but we still need 2 do it....

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
Namlet said:
We got thrown into groups at my school so I have two friends who will listen to me, there's one we all don't like, and another friend I have to somewhat push sometimes to do work but in the end, we've completed it and we're performing it next week in front of two markers and a class of 30. Should be interesting.

have you already been called up to do the board of studies performance i thoug we still like had llike 3 more weeks!! so confused ...wen is it due???

gay0chik0megz

HSC
we got put into groups while mine is fine (our drama teacher seems to favour the soo called "good" kids and put us in one group) the rest of our class isnt doing soo well!!! one group still has no idea what there gonna do!

Namlet

The Yellow Pirate!
HSC
vogue said:
have you already been called up to do the board of studies performance i thoug we still like had llike 3 more weeks!! so confused ...wen is it due???
Whoops, my bad. My Trial Performance for GP and IP are tomorrow. Wish me luck, ahahaha.

Bia

HSC
My group is excellent! I love them all!!

We have not had our trials yet, they are in two weeks. I guess compared to everyone else thats kinda late eh? Our HSC performance is only like 2 weeks after it...

uberschveinen

HSC
More group shenanigans for me. Seems one of my group members decided it'd be in his interests to develop Pertussis, ensuring that not only is he in serious danger of complications, away from school for two weeks so far just before the trials begin and in danger of missing several trial exams, but that our freshly forged final production never got the time it needed to become a properly polished performance, a state of affairs that is good for none of us. My only real question is how he got the disease in the first place when whooping cough vaccinations in early childhood are a legislated reqirement.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
uberschveinen said:
More group shenanigans for me. Seems one of my group members decided it'd be in his interests to develop Pertussis, ensuring that not only is he in serious danger of complications, away from school for two weeks so far just before the trials begin and in danger of missing several trial exams, but that our freshly forged final production never got the time it needed to become a properly polished performance, a state of affairs that is good for none of us. My only real question is how he got the disease in the first place when whooping cough vaccinations in early childhood are a legislated reqirement.
:( hope he gets better soon for everyone's sake....maybe he didnt have the booster injections or something...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)