GPA boosting subject... (1 Viewer)

Meshy590

HSC
I need one more subject for 1st semester, and I just want to do something that will get me easy marks (for Law transfer). My interests are maths, French, and I don't want a subject that involves a lot of essays.

Any suggestions?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
It is unfortunate that you don't want a heavily essay based unit - all WRIT subjects are WAM boosters. No one goes to the lectures and still gets a distinction and above. :) In my experience SLSS1001 and SLSS1003 were pretty easy to study and relates to the field of law (just do the readings and you'll be fine plus the exam was not difficult). All the best ~ :)

Meshy590

HSC
It is unfortunate that you don't want a heavily essay based unit - all WRIT subjects are WAM boosters. No one goes to the lectures and still gets a distinction and above. :) In my experience SLSS1001 and SLSS1003 were pretty easy to study and relates to the field of law (just do the readings and you'll be fine plus the exam was not difficult). All the best ~ :)
thanks for that :)

any other suggestions anyone?

witide

HSC
LNGS1001 sounds perfect for you. Phonetics, Phonology, Syntax and Morphology. No essays and an easy D+ if you have a technical mind.

Meshy590

HSC
Thanks for the input guys. However, I think I am going to select Senior Advanced French 5 or Senior Intermediate French 3, as these are subjects that I would be interested in.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Otherwise, first year maths subjects are pretty straightforward (esp if you do fundies and enjoy maths).

witide

HSC
Thanks for the input guys. However, I think I am going to select Senior Advanced French 5 or Senior Intermediate French 3, as these are subjects that I would be interested in.
I've done Senior Intermediate French, and unfortunately they will be teaching you how to write essays in French as well as discussing cultural and political issues.

Meshy590

HSC
I've done Senior Intermediate French, and unfortunately they will be teaching you how to write essays in French as well as discussing cultural and political issues.
Hmmm how about Junior Advanced French 5
Would I be able to get an easy HD?

witide

HSC
Hmmm how about Junior Advanced French 5
Would I be able to get an easy HD?
You do mostly language study, but you also share weekly classes with French Reading 1. I did French Reading 1 so I'm not sure how it is on the other end, but everybody had an exam on French history and culture, as well as having to write a mini-essay on a chosen piece of French literature. I had the option of writing in French or English, but I think you will have to write in French.

Meshy590

HSC
You do mostly language study, but you also share weekly classes with French Reading 1. I did French Reading 1 so I'm not sure how it is on the other end, but everybody had an exam on French history and culture, as well as having to write a mini-essay on a chosen piece of French literature. I had the option of writing in French or English, but I think you will have to write in French.
I've read the course outline, and it doesn't seem too bad.
I've enrolled in it for now, and if I don't like it, I'll change to Quantitative Methods in Economics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)