GPA Distinction Questions (1 Viewer)

rayy_bann

HSC
Hey guys, I was just wondering:

1. If we really did get say '75' for each of our subjects this year, which relates to a 'Distinction Average', does that mean our GPA will be a perfect 4.00?

2. If we got '85' relating to a 'High Distinction Average' in every subject, would our GPA be a perfect 4.00?

3. In saying this, I'm hearing that D and HD GPAs are the same (being a 4). So in which case, if we want to transfer to another uni, and got a Distinction GPA average (4), can we actually say we got a HD average ?

Thanks

Blizane

HSC
1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Not really. IMO, when you say you have a Distinction average, it means your average mark is between 75 - 84, not that your GPA = 4.

rayy_bann

HSC
Does your GPA/grade averages carry on your whole university life-like a cumulative thing, or does everyone 'start fresh' every new academic year?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Does your GPA/grade averages carry on your whole university life-like a cumulative thing, or does everyone 'start fresh' every new academic year?
It stays on your transcript while you're at an institution.

Transfers rely on SNGs which are your final numerical mark, not your GPA, that's mainly for the purposes of admin I suspect?

Dylanamali

HSC
yeah.. as if they look at a person with D and a HD equally because they both have GPA's of 4.0..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)