GPA required to transfer (1 Viewer)

d-pilipovic

HSC
So after trying to decide between 3 different courses I've finally chosen to go with a B Science/ B Engineering at usyd, with the ultimate goal of transferring after a year to either B Science/ B Commerce or B Science (Adv)/ B Commerce, my 2012 atar was 92. I was just wondering what type of GPA/WAM i would have to aim for and how hard it is to achieve this, I just like having my objectives clearly defined and would appreciate any answer, thank you.

RishBonjour

HSC
not sure about GPA, but I read somewhere on bos for commerce it was 70-75 ish WAM.

HSC
N/A
Did you apply for late rounds and final rounds? I got an offer for commerce/science at usyd and my atar was lower than yours o_O

d-pilipovic

HSC
Did you apply for late rounds and final rounds? I got an offer for commerce/science at usyd and my atar was lower than yours o_O
I did, every single round, I even missed out on UNSW commerce by 0.3 with bonus points, luck just isn't on my side

HSC
N/A
and you still went with unsw

what are your majors going to be gurl
comm/sci at usyd is 5 years, and it's only 4 years at unsw. So I made the obvious choice :p

If all goes to plan, i'll major in accounting, finance, and psychology. Yay!
What are you studying, abbey?

HSC
N/A
I did, every single round, I even missed out on UNSW commerce by 0.3 with bonus points, luck just isn't on my side
My atar was 0.9 off for comm/sci at unsw (including bonus points), and I got in during main rounds. I didn't even apply for EAS or athletics/music or whatever. That's weiiiiirdddd.

d-pilipovic

HSC
My atar was 0.9 off for comm/sci at unsw (including bonus points), and I got in during main rounds. I didn't even apply for EAS or athletics/music or whatever. That's weiiiiirdddd.
Maybe you went to a disadvantage school and you automatically received bonus points? Oh well there's no dwelling on the past, now to just figure out the future

HSC
N/A
Maybe you went to a disadvantage school and you automatically received bonus points? Oh well there's no dwelling on the past, now to just figure out the future
Oh yeah, that's right. LOL. Completely forgot about that. Yeah, my school was pretty bad.

YOU CAN DO IT PILIPOVIC.
Whoooa. I always thought you did an economics degree or something. What do you plan on majoring in?

ladiesman217_

(V)(°,,°)(V)
HSC
Oh yeah, that's right. LOL. Completely forgot about that. Yeah, my school was pretty bad.

YOU CAN DO IT PILIPOVIC.

Whoooa. I always thought you did an economics degree or something. What do you plan on majoring in?
i did, but i transferred

biochem, comp sci and finance

i wanna pick up a fourth major in maths/energy economics but i dunno if it's possible

HSC
N/A
i did, but i transferred

biochem, comp sci and finance

i wanna pick up a fourth major in maths/energy economics but i dunno if it's possible
It's practically impossible to double major in science with comm/sci at unsw (unless you're doing a stats and math major because of the overlap). Maybe you could if you overloaded?

ladiesman217_

(V)(°,,°)(V)
HSC
Last edited:

RishBonjour

HSC
are you guys doing double degrees because you are still unsure about what careers you want or because a straight B comm seems like a bludge compared to science

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
are you guys doing double degrees because you are still unsure about what careers you want or because a straight B comm seems like a bludge compared to science
There are more employment opportunities with a double degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)