• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

GPA to UAI? (1 Viewer)

gibberish86

HSC
Is there any way that I can calculate what my UAI might be using just my university gpa?

Is there a conversion table somewhere that shows gpa's and their UAI equivalents?

I've done a search but haven't come up with anything...

Thanks.

gibberish86

HSC
If I finished school say 5 or 6 years ago will they still include my school results (in my case OP) when calculating a UAI for admission in 2009? I thought that they would only be using my GPA to calculate this?

Sorry, I'm just a little confused... I should be alright anyway but I just hate not knowing exactly what my chances are...

piitb

HSC
yes only gpa is counted if u done more than 1 year uni.

since GPA cutoffs are not published and UAI cutt-offs are, u want to see what your GPA equates to in terms of a UAI cutoff.

that scale was only for 1 university, every other university would have different scaling.

i actually suspect the scale given is very conservative. i mean a GPA of 5.5 in 1st year is pretty good, yet is only given a UAI of 91?

i would say its more like a 95, given to get into UWS med you only need a GPA of 5.5

Last edited:

gibberish86

HSC
Ok, so if I've already completed a 3 year degree then only my gpa will be counted when calculating a UAI for next year's admissions? That's what I originally thought...

Sorry for all the questions I'm just getting myself confused here.

piitb

HSC
gibberish86 said:
Ok, so if I've already completed a 3 year degree then only my gpa will be counted when calculating a UAI for next year's admissions? That's what I originally thought...

Sorry for all the questions I'm just getting myself confused here.
yeh only your gpa will be considered. your UAI can be used for toilet paper now. :D

what was your gpa? and what do you want to get into?

gibberish86

HSC
piitb said:
yeh only your gpa will be considered. your UAI can be used for toilet paper now. :D

what was your gpa? and what do you want to get into?
Yay! Thanks!!

My overall gpa at the end of my degree (B Applied Science) was a 5.63. I'm hoping to get into Veterinary Science at either CSU (already had the interview) or JCU. Have also applied to Murdoch but not counting on it.

Thanks again :)

piitb

HSC
gibberish86 said:
Yay! Thanks!!

My overall gpa at the end of my degree (B Applied Science) was a 5.63. I'm hoping to get into Veterinary Science at either CSU (already had the interview) or JCU. Have also applied to Murdoch but not counting on it.

Thanks again :)
with that gpa its pretty much a certainty that you'll get in.

it prob would of been an advantage in the interview that your a mature age student

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)