• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Gpa? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
I think it will come out about the same. Advanced will scale up one level anyway. so your credit will be scale to a D.
yeah that's what some people say but i'm not sure, you see with the people doing the hard course i would have been at the bottom for sure and with the one i am doing i am at the top and it's given me very little stress, so i would advise people to choose the easy subjects if they have a choice

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
yeah that's what some people say but i'm not sure, you see with the people doing the hard course i would have been at the bottom for sure and with the one i am doing i am at the top and it's given me very little stress, so i would advise people to choose the easy subjects if they have a choice
If you are at the top of the easy one, then you should be more than capable of doing the advanced one. At least performing well enough to place you in the midde of the group. But people never try.....

Generator

HSC
N/A
'If you are at the top of the easy one, then you should be more than capable of doing the advanced one. At least performing well enough to place you in the midde of the group.'

Not necessarily (as iambored stated). Besides, is there any point in 'trying' when the advanced unit is not what you have in mind?
If you are not seeking a transfer and you know exactly where you are going (in a direction that does not require advanced units of study), then there is no need to take an advanced unit just for the sake of the advanced tag and the possibility of improved scaling.
If you would like a challenge and know that you are capable of undertaking an advanced unit, then go for broke... But if you are not sure then there is little point in doing so.

But, as we can see from your post, other people will not see it that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)