• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Gpa (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Is everyone arguing because they are avoiding studying? Hmm ... in that case, I wanna argue too! Landuse is pissing me off, I'm studying for my exam on Friday - I want to burn my book, but then that would be ecologically sustainable :rolleyes:

My GPA is shite as. But aslong as I pass everything, I'm happy :) Although, this semester, I have a possibility of getting a D for landuse and the environment. Don't know about other subjects though.

L

LaraB

texta83 said:
So all that bitchin we did was to just confirm that we both agree. Studying sux. I need slleeeeeeep!
meh you were the one repeating at me what i already clarified was the meaning of my post....

L

LaraB

Cape said:
Is everyone arguing because they are avoiding studying? Hmm ... in that case, I wanna argue too! Landuse is pissing me off, I'm studying for my exam on Friday - I want to burn my book, but then that would be ecologically sustainable :rolleyes:

My GPA is shite as. But aslong as I pass everything, I'm happy :) Although, this semester, I have a possibility of getting a D for landuse and the environment. Don't know about other subjects though.
u know what sucks?

my GPA based on what i got so far lol is awesome as is my average mark - my average mark atm is bout 84% lol so close to HD, GPA would be about 6.5...

but i only got half my stuff back so far and i figured out that i could still like totally fail lol coz all my assessments have been worth so much this semester...:(

looking forward to next semeser - busiuness stuff is so shit easy compared to stupid law units.. so much reading and work... i luv business, you get D+'s and not even go to lectures or half the tutes :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
LaraB said:
u know what sucks?

my GPA based on what i got so far lol is awesome as is my average mark - my average mark atm is bout 84% lol so close to HD, GPA would be about 6.5...

but i only got half my stuff back so far and i figured out that i could still like totally fail lol coz all my assessments have been worth so much this semester...:(
hmm ... I know :( If I go by WAM its so close to being a credit average, but because I screwed last semester totally up, my GPA fell down heaps :(

My assessments are still worth a lot, most subjects I haven't completed half the weighing about of assessment tasks.

eg: Sustainable tourism and recreation planning - 50% assignment due in stuvac
Wildlife tourism: 35% report due on thursday (I better start that :p)
Landuse and the environment: 35% exam on friday; portfolio 30% due on friday (should start that too :p)
Tourism trends: 40% exam.

The next few weeks ie: 16 days will make or break my semester :(

texta83

HSC
Cape so right about the studying. Just dun wanna do it. Sorry for the headache lara. I have found that nearly every semester I have done that I have such a fine line between totally stuffing up and doing really well. Thats why high GPAs are so dam hard to maintain. Just one little moment of crapness and it dives down never to return to its moment of glory. Havin a GPA of 6.5 u gotta do 1 of 2 things.
a) work ur arse off to keep it there
b) just start gettin passes and dont put the pressure on urself :p

L

LaraB

Cape said:
hmm ... I know :( If I go by WAM its so close to being a credit average, but because I screwed last semester totally up, my GPA fell down heaps :(

My assessments are still worth a lot, most subjects I haven't completed half the weighing about of assessment tasks.

eg: Sustainable tourism and recreation planning - 50% assignment due in stuvac
Wildlife tourism: 35% report due on thursday (I better start that :p)
Landuse and the environment: 35% exam on friday; portfolio 30% due on friday (should start that too :p)
Tourism trends: 40% exam.

The next few weeks ie: 16 days will make or break my semester :(

i know what you mean...

i'm counting on at leat 17/20 for class participation crap for Law foundation to make up for the marks i'm gonna lose in the assignment coz i did a shockin job...

i think my exams are pretty much all worth 40%:( so sucks coz i can still fail lol

kinda depresses you n stressed you out here on coz u know what you've done all semester doesn't really count for much if you screw the exam...

yeah im being pessmistic...

L

LaraB

texta83 said:
Cape so right about the studying. Just dun wanna do it. Sorry for the headache lara. I have found that nearly every semester I have done that I have such a fine line between totally stuffing up and doing really well. Thats why high GPAs are so dam hard to maintain. Just one little moment of crapness and it dives down never to return to its moment of glory. Havin a GPA of 6.5 u gotta do 1 of 2 things.
a) work ur arse off to keep it there
b) just start gettin passes and dont put the pressure on urself :p
its only shittin me coz i figured out... i can pass everything probably i think...

but if i only pass my GPA will get screwed which means bye bye scholarships which = bye bye precious money lol coz its a minimum GPA of 5....

i was figuring out what marks i need in the exam to keep my GPA up there and i'm predicting a pass mark for 2 assignments that were worth 30% so its like totally screwed...

2 subjects are pretty good but 2 are screwy

texta83

HSC
A lot can change in the final exam. Especially if it is 40% weighted. I have been goin into a final on a pass and ended with D. I know lots of ppl have similar stories.

BTW does ne1 wanna do my study for me?

L

LaraB

texta83 said:
A lot can change in the final exam. Especially if it is 40% weighted. I have been goin into a final on a pass and ended with D. I know lots of ppl have similar stories.

BTW does ne1 wanna do my study for me?
lol you obviously don't do EIR atm then lol

its' impossible to study let alone learn anything with electurer n tutor we got.... im gonna be ecstatic with a pass....

as i said, im pessamistic - none of this everything's all rosy shit lol... i could go in and get a D but teh probability of gettin an F if more likely lol

texta83

HSC
Man you should try computing. Nearly all lecturers speak this weird form of english. I pretty much never go to lectures. I only go to the tutes that are compulsory. In my course they are mostly a waste of time.

L

LaraB

texta83 said:
Man you should try computing. Nearly all lecturers speak this weird form of english. I pretty much never go to lectures. I only go to the tutes that are compulsory. In my course they are mostly a waste of time.
lol well EIR unit coordinator - "How would i know? Ask your tutor about the assignment, geez i'm just the unit coordinator i don't know anything"

and no - he wasn't being sarcastic....

i got him 4 2 units so we stopped going to the lectures .. he talks soooo slow, you get through maube 1/4 of the slides in the 2hrs and he asks questions taht we all think are rhetorical so no one answers but then 5 minutes later, he's like, so no one knows?

he's creepy.. hej just stands there silent waiting for you to answer the question.. altho sometimes there isn't a question lol so its even more confusing

he's got a nervou habit too - after every 2 or 3 sentences, he sips a coffe but like, after 2 hrs.. i swear the cups empty and he's just doing the action out of nervous habit:p

texta83

HSC
Don't ya just love it when u get a total psycho for a lecturer.

Last edited:

klh

HSC
since my first semester, ive become complacent....just getting p and c's now, my gpa after last sem is a pass average, around 4.75 or something like that...quite a big turnaround when my first semester was like 6.0, i had high hopes to keep it there but ive fallen down.

about not studying...yeah me too, im only starting today...and ive got more to go :'(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)