Grad Med (1 Viewer)

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
Alright, so to do med at say usyd, you have to have done a degree...I know that the degree can be in anything...but my question is does anyone get into grad med doing a double degree and finishing one of the degrees by the 3rd year?

Thx again...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yes i think u can..
lik u may do... BA/BSc.. if u complete one of them early and u are allowed to graduate out of it with one of the bachelors... and u get a good GAMSAT mark...

u can.. i dunno of ppl doing it but is possible

inasero

Reborn
HSC
he's being stupid :rolleyes:

its best if you do something science related...and biological sciences at that, for example pharmacy, science, advanced science, medical science, biotechnology as the GAMSAT assesses your knowledge along these lines. However, people have been known to get in with Law majors so at the end of the day it's important to do something you wouldn't mind sticking with for the rest of your life in the event that you're not cut out for Grad med

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
I was joking, just that most of the ppl i know who didnt make med are doing com/law. Do what ever you want, dont just do science for gamsat.

Legolas

HSC
In answer to the original question, yes you can. As long as you have or will be completing a bachelor degree in the year that you sit the GAMSAT, you can apply using the GPA from that degree.

I wouldn't necessarily choose a degree in the hope that it could potentially maximize your GAMSAT result. Firstly, its a three year commitment. You may change your mind about medicine after doing a year of philosophy or Japanese. Secondly, the science section is only ONE section in a THREE section exam. Reading/comprehension and essay writing are equally important which you may not get as much practice of if you complete a pure sciences degree. Finally, you should do a degree in an area which interests you - that way, you can try to maximize your GPA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)