Grade Point Average (GPA) (1 Viewer)

glass

HSC
Hey does anyone know how the GPA thing works? Is it calculated yearly? How do u calculate it? Just curious what mine is =D

Any help appreciated!!

K

katie_tully

Hey does anyone know how the GPA thing works? Is it calculated yearly? How do u calculate it? Just curious what mine is =D
didnt you get a transcript or something of some sort? :s

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Sorry to barge in on this thread.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if marks attained within a diploma (undertaken concurrently with a degree) contributes to one's GPA?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
~shinigami~ said:
Sorry to barge in on this thread.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if marks attained within a diploma (undertaken concurrently with a degree) contributes to one's GPA?
if at same uni yes

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Also how many FAILs or inadequate GPAs are needed for a person to get kicked out of a course in University of Sydney?

K

katie_tully

man...i think if you have to ask that question maybe it's time to enrol in TAFE or something ...

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
You need like 3 fails of the same subject or fail all your units in a semester without an adequate excuse to have a block placed on your enrolment.

Conclusion: if you're askin' the question, you're pretty stupid.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
No, it was just a question that came up after watching that 'Border Security' thing last night.

Also, Huckabee for President.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
WAM is something used by science. And as far as I know, different faculty uses different method to caculate WAM or GPA. Science uses 1x 1st year mark, 2x2nd year mark etc. Some faculties ignore your first year mark all together.

glass

HSC
Does anyone know which one the faculty of health science uses?

K

katie_tully

i posted a link to a USYD WAM calculator. i'm not sure how much more you want.

gosh.

glass

HSC
For ur information i've checked the WAM link already and it says its for the faculty of science. The other thing i wanted to know was just which one the faculty of HEALTH science uses, GPA or WAM. That wasnt too much to ask. Whats with the "gosh".

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
tennille said:
Doesn't science use SCIWAM, which ignores your first year marks?
it does? hmmm really? i was always under the impression that science faculty does NOT ignore your 1st year mark, just weigh it less.... Though I am aware that some faculties do.

tennille

HSC
If you look here, it states they use SCIWAM. I'm pretty sure they use that for determining if you get into honours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)