Graduate diplomas???? (1 Viewer)

touma88

HSC
I'm really interested in doing a diploma in managment once I complete my undergrads. Im curious to know that the uts website states that entry requirments require 4 years work experience is this necassary? and what are usually the gpa requirments for entry.

klh

HSC
Do you wnat to get into general business management or Graduate Diploma in Business Admin? The former requires either a degree, graduate certificate or min 2 years exp. [more info here: http://datasearch.uts.edu.au/business/gsb/courses/details.cfm?spk_cd=C07018
For the latter, it requires 4 yrs experience and a degreehttp://datasearch.uts.edu.au/business/gsb/courses/details.cfm?spk_cd=C06009

So its the Grad Dip in Mgmt that may be the one for you if you want to enter straight away, provided you have a cognate [i.e. a degree in business], else it requresyou to haveany other degree combined with 2 years experience.
With gpa requirments, as it is not listed, I cannot be certain and thus suggest you email gsb@uts.edu.au for further info. However, for the MBA limited work experience, it asks for a minimum 2.75 out of 4.0, or approx. credit average so that may be an indication.

hope it helps

touma88

HSC
klh said:
Do you wnat to get into general business management or Graduate Diploma in Business Admin? The former requires either a degree, graduate certificate or min 2 years exp. [more info here: http://datasearch.uts.edu.au/business/gsb/courses/details.cfm?spk_cd=C07018
For the latter, it requires 4 yrs experience and a degreehttp://datasearch.uts.edu.au/business/gsb/courses/details.cfm?spk_cd=C06009

So its the Grad Dip in Mgmt that may be the one for you if you want to enter straight away, provided you have a cognate [i.e. a degree in business], else it requresyou to haveany other degree combined with 2 years experience.
With gpa requirments, as it is not listed, I cannot be certain and thus suggest you email gsb@uts.edu.au for further info. However, for the MBA limited work experience, it asks for a minimum 2.75 out of 4.0, or approx. credit average so that may be an indication.

hope it helps

Yes, I was hoping to do grad diploma in management straight after I get my undergrads (business) out of the way. I guess I could start off with a grad cert since I'd only be doing one unit a semester. Also KLH each type of programs are articulations of one another so it makes no difference where you'd start off with, its a matter of obtaining exemptions as you progress right.

KLH kind of personal but what was your gpa? and are you going straight to post-grad or finding a grad-position.

Last edited:

klh

HSC
first question; the cert can lead to the diploma than to a master degree, so its teh same thing, it doesnt matter where you start. Once you start, if you would like to continue, provided you get the required results, than i dont think time is lossed.
The second is personal, so if you really want to know my gpa, you can search for it :p but for me now well im finding a job and probably doing postgrad too.

ok, ok, my gpa was a credit average, so there lol.

Last edited:

touma88

HSC
sorry to be confronting. So are you going on fulltime work & partime uni or other way around and also is it hard finding a job with what particuluar major you choosed? Im curious because majority of vacancies i see are in accounting or finance these days.

klh

HSC
My bachelor degree major was management and sub majored in HR, so its still hard to find a job with no experience; what i said was my plan atm, to go find a job and study. I guess one of the reasons i chose accounting was the job prospects, but moreso of me liking the subject alor when i did a unit in my bachelor. If i do manage to get a job, ill do it FT and study pt.
And no, i was joking, no need to be sorry :) .

touma88

HSC
I actually have a friend similar to your career path he spent 5 years doing HR part-time found a job hated with a passion and quit. He is now 6th yr doing a masters in accounting, talk about wasting 7 years of your life. I have the possibility in falling in that path:eek: choosing a managment major is not as secure as I once assumed. May I just add that few of my work mates have masters with no experience what so ever and are stuggling even to find there first job. One of em dreams about working for KMPG :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)