Graduation Songs... (1 Viewer)

Kit

My year 10 was greenday + frenz forever and on a night like this by kylie

And year12 was frenz forever.

hall of mirrors

HSC
sweet nostalgia anyone

I can't believe no one has said 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins.

<3

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
*sighs* our school dosent let us have a grad song.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
omg the Ataris rock!!!!! but my fave is "unopened letter to the world" I know this thread is hella old, but i reckon a mad grad song would be photograph by Nickelback

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Argonaut said:
I hate it when people used cliched ones - Vitamin C's Graduation Song (gag, barf!), Green Day's Time of Your Life/Good Riddance and U2's (they might be the best band in the word, but ...) Beautiful Day spring to mind.

We had Powderfinger's Passenger, U2's Until the End of the World and, best of all, My Friends by the Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Formal and performed by a group of students. Best. Song. EVER.
If someone suggests Vitamin C for our graduation, I'm going to shove the damn CD up their ass.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Eve6- "Heres to the night"
Phil Collins - "You'll be in my heart"

=slade=

HSC
our skool rewrote 'when september ends' into 'when november ends' and re wrote other lyrics to suit us.

guy on guitar is playing and singing it, and when we exit the hall they r playing that song, 'we dont need noone to tell us what to do'

also i think 'dare u to move' is being played at mass...

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
ours is a meledy of "every breath you take", "stand by me" & "simply the best" they all sucked

kylie_robbo

Our year song (which we regard as our grad. song even though it wasn't actually played at our graduation - we did sing it and do our dance afterwards though) was 500 Miles by The Proclaimers... Our year co-ordinator choreographed a dance to it for our World Tour of Wagga Wagga (don't ask) and yeah... It has kinda stuck... Any time that a few or more of us get together that song either gets sung, danced to or talked about, or a combination of all three... That is the song that will bring me to near-tears about graduating... I never did actually cry about leaving that school.

Year 10 we had Friends' Forever. I was bawling my eyes out ALL day that day (we had our graduation assembly in the morning and then the formal that night)... I heard that song about 10 times on the 2nd Dec 2002 (the day)... I had been at that school for 11 years, so that song and that year group means more to me than my year 11 and 12 school and class.

picon

HSC
We had "Young Hearts Run Free" as our song. They played it when we were leaving, except heaps of people in our year decided to sing along in groups and clog the aisles - making the whole school wait till we were ready to actually exit :)

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
Josh Brogan - You Raise Me Up (played as we walked in together and also sung by a bunch of music kids in our grade...)
Heather Small - Proud (played whilst a slideshow of random photos of us was put on a projector)
Simply The Best - Tina Turner+Jimmy Barnes (played when we walked out)

Theres heaps of songs I wanted played but not enough time to play them...oh and I was so cut...the projector screen was off centre and the lectern was dead centre and where I was sitting the frigging thing was in my road so I didnt get to comfortably watch the slideshows =(

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Yeah, We Go Together from Grease sounds good.

The first thing that came into my head after Vitamin C was Mercury 4's Five Years From Now but it's also of the same sickeningly-sweet style.

I've been teaching myself the guitar as a means of procrastination and the first song I can play (apart from my own music) with proper chords and the like has been Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway. It's sorta nice but I imagine people would be very divided on it.

A l

HSC
N/A
In 2004, the year 12s had someone singing Vitamin C's "Graduation (Friends Forever)", while in the Year 12 concert, Australian Idol Final 12 "Rise Up" was sung as a large group.
In 2005, I don't think there was even a graduation song at all, as far as I could remember....
In 2006, I've got no idea...though "Forever Young" by the Youth Group seems to be popular at the moment.....lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)