Graduation - what shoes would look nice with the robe? (1 Viewer)

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
My year 12 graduation is comming up and I'm really confused about what type of shoes will look nice with the robe. I'm stuck between some open toed black ones with a pretty glittery silver ring or some pointy toed closed ones. Both have small heels.

What type of shoes (for a girl) do you recommend for graduation.

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
for a really nice effect (formal wise) get a nice pair of black mary janes ( a round front closed)
pointy wont look good with a long robe but open toe isnt suitable for a night occasion (you arnt planning to party aftre it are you ?)

T

trolloutaface

um, aren't you supposed to wear your normal black leather shoes with your robe??

wtf.

beentherdunthat

HSC
pattii said:
or ugg boots^^
Ugg bootS???

I agree with Simplistic. The close front ones are REALLY nice. CHeck them out at wanted or at hollywood.

You're choice of shoes sounds fine. I would go with the pointy ones though. They seem to suit the occassion more.

Ahh you're lucky. Our school says we have to wear the school uniform. DAMN.

T

trolloutaface

again, wtf are u guys going on about? :confused:

you wear your NORMAL school shoes to your graduation! don't embarrass your school lol.

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
trolloutaface said:

you wear your NORMAL school shoes to your graduation! don't embarrass your school lol.
the school is embaressing enough as it is, us dressing up formally or just wearing formal shoes wont chnage much about it , just that we are finally escaping the principal's bizzare rules.

shut up

ruler of all
somewhere inside a rainbow wondering what im doing
HSC
at least you have robes. we have to wear these off white dresses (obviously a girls school). do u have any idea how hard it is to find shoes that go with an off white dress and that u can wear to the afternoon graduation in Nov and the presentation night - NIGHT in Dec?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
trolloutaface said:

um yeah i'm with ^^

you'll just end up stacking it going up onto the stage to collect ur graduation-thingy if you wear heels, specially with the robe...or maybe i'm just unco, haha i nearly fell off the stage at my graduation and i was wearing sneakers.

ur school sounds cool though, giving you robes...half our grade wasn't even in their uniform properly for ours :eek: /derelict

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
um yeah i'm with ^^

you'll just end up stacking it going up onto the stage to collect ur graduation-thingy if you wear heels, specially with the robe...or maybe i'm just unco, haha i nearly fell off the stage at my graduation and i was wearing sneakers.

ur school sounds cool though, giving you robes...half our grade wasn't even in their uniform properly for ours :eek: /derelict
Lolz i did consider that... imagine all the parents with video cameras. My friends and their grandchildren 50 years later... Grandma rewind that girl tripping on the stage pleease!

All I know is that its a "night function" so i'm assuming they wont make us wear uniform under the robes. I'm steering towards the open toed as pointy toed blacked ones underneath the long robe will probably look witch like. If they may us wear uniform with the leather shoes than oh well. We graduate next month on the 10th... so excited!:)

beentherdunthat

HSC
simplistic said:
the school is embaressing enough as it is, us dressing up formally or just wearing formal shoes wont chnage much about it , just that we are finally escaping the principal's bizzare rules.
LOL yeah. That's why we'll wear heels.

Yeah, we're getting robes. But we have to pay $30 rent fee and $50 deposit, hence $80 for the robe, but we get the $50 back. (LoL awkward line ;) )

CieL

HSC
wth.. you guys got robes?!

My graduation was a "night function", but everyone wore their school uniform as we were in school in the daytime, headed down to the hall to rehearse.. bummed around, then it was grad at night..

Why don't you ask your friends instead.. why here when no-one knows how your school functions and what the robe looks like..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)