Graduation (1 Viewer)

CloudStrife

HSC
They send me a graduation letter with all these junk mail looking pamphlets expecting me to read them all. Obviously I don't and now I'm going to be charged an extra $50 for late reservation of the academic gown on top of the $80 they're already going to charge me to use the 2nd hand piece of cloth!

The ceremony is in the end of April yet they expect reservations to be made by the end of February. Stuff you! It's such a scam!

Sorry, just venting.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
They charge you for the grad cape? Gees that's brutal, I would turn up in jeans and a rival UNI t-shirt

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They send me a graduation letter with all these junk mail looking pamphlets expecting me to read them all. Obviously I don't and now I'm going to be charged an extra $50 for late reservation of the academic gown on top of the $80 they're already going to charge me to use the 2nd hand piece of cloth!

The ceremony is in the end of April yet they expect reservations to be made by the end of February. Stuff you! It's such a scam!

Sorry, just venting.
99% of people get in on time, quit whining it was your own fault.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Steve and I still haven't returned our graduation forms... but we're not going. I'm hoping they'll change my status from 'hold' to 'in absentia' or whatever it is. Laziness takes over once you leave the campus :(

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

Sorry, just venting.
Dude, you're complaining because YOU didn't read the stuff. I thought uni taught people to be responsible for their own crap.

Anyone graduating on the 23rd April at 9:30am...

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
My ceremony is the 22nd. This is your final year of the LLB, right melsc?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
:( Maybe you should apply for a semester or two overseas on exchange? You can do that in 4th-5th year...

Tabris

HSC
Hey MJ,

Noticed your sig that your graduating with hons, did yu do any research oor has Macq is now started using WAM (or CWA) to determine your honours status?

Congrats on grad....last year for me... and it seems so far waway with all the work , asessments and grad apps....

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Um... I think MQ Law has always used the WAM for honours... All other divisions use GPA. I've only graduated with second class (it was too difficult doing the research unit externally because you have to still be on campus twice a week for classes/presentations/discussions with the supervisor). I think the rules are: WAM >72 = class II, WAM >78 + thesis = class I. And the WAM is calculated over all your LLB units.

In the end I'm actually glad I didn't put in that extra effort for class I because everyone who has honours graduates with "LLB (Hons)" anyway. Yippee :D

You'll get there! Only one more year to go! It already seems like such a long time ago to me, all the LLB angst I had has disappeared, only to be replaced with 9-5 angst ;)

What classes are you guys doing?

Last edited:

Tabris

HSC
Health law (Cameron Steward left for USYD)
Remedies - Penelope
TPA - new convenor - Susan Carter
Tax - Malcolm Voyce

Biz Orgs
IP law - no idea
Litiation - new convenor

WAM of 78+ as well as credit in thesis sounds too difficult, 72 sounds more manageable.....i guess alot of the graduating class will be taking honours divison 2

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You just want to have someone else in the class to pick on first years with and to feel old with u :p
Haha first years are fun, its second years I can stand >.>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)