Gran Torino (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
A superb film. Paced like a clock, unfolded beautifully.

An extraordinary, powerful Catholic message of self-sacrifice and redemption.
Christians can be butch :cool:
dude srsly, you need help

HSC
N/A
Why? The film was unquestionably about redemption through sharing Christ's sacrifice. You should see it.
ive seen the movie. i never got this redemption feeling while watching it. in fact, it seemed Eastwood's character didn't fancy religion at all. very apathetic.

So whatever message you got out of the film, it was all in your head.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
You missed the main point, it seems! It was all about his making peace with God, in accordance with his dead wife's wishes. Love thy neighbour, die forming a crucifix. It was one of the most complete and satisfying endings in cinema history

HSC
N/A
You missed the main point, it seems! It was all about his making peace with God, in accordance with his dead wife's wishes. Love thy neighbour, die forming a crucifix. It was one of the most complete and satisfying endings in cinema history
im just going to rep this comment for making me lol

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I guess I imagined all those bits with the Church and the Priest and the funeral and talk of confession and loving thy neighbour, renouncing violence, saying a Hail Mary at the crucial scene, dying in a crucifix, clutching a rosary in his coffin, and virtually ending on the Priest's speech...

UH-OH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)