GrandFather, Father, Son (1 Viewer)

Glenn198718

hey everyone

cant believe i made it to year 12 and now that i am here i have to study. I am having problems understanding what this concept means, if anyone knows please can you explain it too me

Thanks

HSC
i am actually not sure if its asked specifically in VET IT, i know the CSSA paper asked it, I got no idea why ... i dont think the IT syllabus actually mentions it at all, any way its a method of data backup

where you got (for example) 3 tapes, the grandfather, father and son, the first tape used is the son, and then once that tape is used up a second tape is used, the son now becomes the father, then the new tape is son, then thats son tape is used up and becomes the father, the father tape prior is now grandfather, and you tend to pick up the pattern here, im not sure if the tapes are recycled, they probably are, maybe if you stick a hole in one of the tapes you can call it grandma tape?

Glenn198718

thanks heaps mate. I need to pass this test. The reason i asked the question is because it was in our trial exam

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
what is casmira said is perfectly right it is used in organisations where recent and crusuial data is needed since most data is stored else where its like a mini data storage unit so its easy accesible and once old data is not used it is store else where (data warehouse, tapes)
e.g video store only needs there recent (monthly) data for iformation so it implements the grand father son but still needs there (yearly) backs up as reference

I hope it makes sence to all correct me if im wrong

insight

HSC
i prefer the more politically correct grandparent, parent, child.

personally, my grandfather would forget anything, and my grandmother would be much more likely to remember, but she'd only tell you if you said please.

anyway, i'm glad it's not in the syllabus - i was getting myself worked up about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)