what do you need to know, ill get them to post
like, stuff...
what the projects like, materials used, portfolio work etc etc etc
and a bit more etc.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I do Creative Writing at UOW...
I was considering applying for visual art next year as well, and either do a double degree, or finishing writing and then do art.

pogiangel

HSC
mmm_sofay said:
like, stuff...
what the projects like, materials used, portfolio work etc etc etc
and a bit more etc.
I do Graphic Design + New Media / Computer Science.

I know crap all about the Visual Arts subjects, Although I have done photography and that was the best class I have ever taken.

The projects for Design I can't really say are the most exciting projects they could have given us and they assume that you have some knowledge of the programs etc already.

Argh, you will be lucky... very lucky. We have been using shonky eMacs with crap all ram and OS9. But this is all changing from next year apparently...

It is compulsory that you do theory subjects. They are annoying...

Ummm ... Generally I have fun because of the environment and the people that I get to work in, apparently the fun stuff all happens after 1st year. Fingers crossed.

I dont really know what else i can tell ya? Maybe shoot some more specific questions at me :cool:

Cheers, Jerome

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
pogiangel said:
I do Graphic Design + New Media / Computer Science.

I know crap all about the Visual Arts subjects, Although I have done photography and that was the best class I have ever taken.

The projects for Design I can't really say are the most exciting projects they could have given us and they assume that you have some knowledge of the programs etc already.

Argh, you will be lucky... very lucky. We have been using shonky eMacs with crap all ram and OS9. But this is all changing from next year apparently...

It is compulsory that you do theory subjects. They are annoying...

Ummm ... Generally I have fun because of the environment and the people that I get to work in, apparently the fun stuff all happens after 1st year. Fingers crossed.

I dont really know what else i can tell ya? Maybe shoot some more specific questions at me :cool:

Cheers, Jerome
whats the best tafe course to do next year that will help me get into the uni course i want to do?

pogiangel

HSC
I'll ask around, but i dont have another design class til monday.

Ummmm, you can do graphic design at tafe ... lots of people started off in the visual arts types of things. paintings, photography etc. But for design they like to see that you already have experience in the digital side of art making ...

Stay tuned, Jerome

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
pogiangel said:
I'll ask around, but i dont have another design class til monday.

Ummmm, you can do graphic design at tafe ... lots of people started off in the visual arts types of things. paintings, photography etc. But for design they like to see that you already have experience in the digital side of art making ...

Stay tuned, Jerome
thanks for that.
get back to me after monday with good tafe courses that would be suitabel for me to do.

peace out, sofe.

beezjaxx

HSC
TAFE for Uni

Hey my sister did Fine Arts at TAFE and she said it helped HEAPS getting into Bachelor of Graphic Design and New Media.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)