Graphic design opportunities for students (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Hey man, I am the graphics MASTER. Like no joke your yearbooks look really shit (like really shit), if I had paid money for that I'd probably be pretty pissed - I could make every single one of your examples, in under 15 minutes.

How much will u pay me /hr?

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*Stabs eyes* What in god's name ?!? Word-art?!?

knowledge of graphics design applications such as Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Publisher and Word
No offence, but if you don't have Photoshop there as a standard and have Word and Publisher, I'd be very reluctant to accept this based on the fact it doesn't look like its very 'professional'

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
Word art makes me cry, scream and rant all at once. It is basically design suicide.

however, some of the cover designs are alright.

yeah, photoshop and in-design are practically married to each other, where's the photoshop?!

i'm a third year visual communication student, but as we are running our own commercial studio for class, i wouldn't have time to be involved. we have our own yearbook to design!

have fun regardless :)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
:(

I'm a bit early. Still no completed HSC yet

"knowledge of graphics design applications such as Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Publisher and Word"

Adobe is the only one i'd consider a graphic design application.
Word is a word processor.

What about photoshop and all that?

I believe I can do better than some of those designs, but I do realise that alot of content would have been put together by students (with limited knowledge of various applications)

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Hey man, I am the graphics MASTER. Like no joke your yearbooks look really shit (like really shit), if I had paid money for that I'd probably be pretty pissed - I could make every single one of your examples, in under 15 minutes.

How much will u pay me /hr?
The expensive ones are nice.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Hire ntb like now..

he will pwn your current "graphic designer"

Pejhman

HSC
I thought the designs were made by the students... In any case, the one for Cecil Hills High School is rather interesting. I am on the yearbook committee for my school. Last year's design was quite boring. I have to bring this site up during our next meeting. Good thing I spend nights trawling BoS.

noftus

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I could make every single one of your examples, in under 15 minutes.
I'd suggest not jumping to conclusions. The pages you saw were all designed by students. You sound a bit arrogantly silly now don't you!

AsyLum said:
What in god's name ?!? Word-art?!? ....it doesn't look like its very 'professional'
Yeah word art.. :(... Again, I'd suggest not jumping to conclusions. The pages you saw were all designed by students.

luscious-llama said:
I do realise that alot of content would have been put together by students (with limited knowledge of various applications)
Bingo! You hit the nail on the head!

Pejhman said:
I thought the designs were made by the students...
Yes you are right too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)