Graphic Design (1 Viewer)

larnzwhytcross

HSC
Hey!..just wondering if anyone else is interested in going to uni to study graphic design next year?(or already studying)..if so where are you thinkin of heading?
Larnz :)

biggie walls

HSC
I do Design at COFA (UNSW)... its pretty good, other options include UTS and TAFE.

HSC
My sister is interested, but the only decent course in Melbourne seems to be at Monash (Caulfield). Anyone got any advice/experience with the course so I can pass it on to her?

ellirene

HSC
hey :)
im also in year 12 atm and am really intrested in graphic design for somewhere in sydney for next year :D

i went to an open day at billy blue on the weekend and mannnn its THAT modern and sooo amazing, you'd have to see it to believe it.

although my dad wants me to go to UTS as at the end you get a degree instead of a diploma :s

definatley moving to sydney next year to start doing it!

poppop

HSC
N/A
yes im interested as well :)
I'm hoping to get into the best Design degree in the state at UTS. UNSW's B Design is good as well, but not for me.

But I'm also considering Interior Design @ UTS.

msh

HSC
i hope to transfer to UTS Design... (this will be second year trying, wish me luck) it's very hard to get in.. sux :(

Last edited:

nina121314

HSC
yeah im also interested in doing graphic design when i leave school, im lucky my aunt is a graphic designer and has her own business, shes done such things as the new abc logo...anyway she went to UTS and im hoping to go there or billy blue, im doing a certificate 3 course for design fundamentals there atm which is great, but it is a very laid back and relaxed learning environment... which works for some but not others.

msh

HSC
nina121314 said:
yeah im also interested in doing graphic design when i leave school, im lucky my aunt is a graphic designer and has her own business, shes done such things as the new abc logo...anyway she went to UTS and im hoping to go there or billy blue, im doing a certificate 3 course for design fundamentals there atm which is great, but it is a very laid back and relaxed learning environment... which works for some but not others.
thats so nice that you have an aunty that went to uts.
i heard too much bad things about billy blue, i dont think its worth it. check out the 'private schools' section of BOS forums.
Theres so many billy blue graduates who felt it was a waste of money and gave them false hopes.

korolos

HSC
N/A
ellirene said:
im also in year 12 atm and am really intrested in graphic design for somewhere in sydney for next year :D

i went to an open day at billy blue on the weekend and mannnn its THAT modern and sooo amazing, you'd have to see it to believe it.

although my dad wants me to go to UTS as at the end you get a degree instead of a diploma :s

Hey ellirene,

Im also currently in yr 12, i applied at billy blue about 2 weeks ago, had my interview and got accepted,

lol wot u prob got mistaken by, is dat u do get a degree, u get ur BACHELORS IN DESIGN... der are different courses offered..

wot im doing is an associates degree for 2 yrs and then my bachelors on the 3rd, its just different higher education institutions categorise der courses...

but yeh, other den dat, u are gettin ur degree, wen u mentioned a diploma, u were obviously lookin at the advance diploma coruse which is vocational, the associates degree and the bachelors in design is certified by Swinburne University in Melbourne... yeh i did my research, but i hope i helped a bit..

anyways im out,

Korolos! :)

msh

HSC
ellirene said:

UTS is the BEST for Design by far.

Also a bachelors degree is a higher qualification than a diploma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)