gravimetric analysis (1 Viewer)

Jazmiine

HSC
N/A
anyone please give me any two mixtures that i could undertake this on :) . please !

DInfinity

Ad Infinitum
HSC
Seawater composition, soft drink composition etc. You can do almost anything provided you have the right stuff to do precise measurements with.

Jazmiine

HSC
N/A
Seawater composition, soft drink composition etc. You can do almost anything provided you have the right stuff to do precise measurements with.
well whats one i could do at home precisely ? as we are not allowed to borrow or do it at school. && for sea water and soft drink; where do i get the sea water from ?

DInfinity

Ad Infinitum
HSC
well whats one i could do at home precisely ? as we are not allowed to borrow or do it at school. && for sea water and soft drink; where do i get the sea water from ?
Uh... the beach where there is seawater? If you do not have a precise electronic balance, I suggest you get one from somewhere. Two decimal places might not be precise enough to get good results, so try get one with as many places as you can.

Jazmiine

HSC
N/A
the beach is pretty far for me ; so thats out ; anything else please ?

DInfinity

Ad Infinitum
HSC
I already said the soft drink, in fact, my class is doing that right now, and it's a perfectly viable option. If you really want to to seawater, then just get a container, fill it with water, chuck in an unknown amount of NaCl and some sand/dirt/dead seaweed. Then do the gravimetric analysis, since you're going to get the same stuff if you do it with seawater. If you seriously have trouble coming up with an idea, talk to you teacher about it. Google is also your friend.

Jazmiine

HSC
N/A
ohkiies if i do the soft drink one ; how would i seperate the mixture ; btw what am i seperating ; sugar ? please help :)

DInfinity

Ad Infinitum
HSC
It's good to use your brain every once in a while =/ What do you think can be taken out without much effort on your part? What comes out when you open the can? We can't be answering every question you have, it's not good for you in the long run xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)