Great Computer Bargain (1 Viewer)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
I have a highly recomended computer deal.
From Dell's end of month crazy sale

Go to dell.com.au via the small business centre.
Click up the top where is says "Upgrade and get $500 off".
Select "Model M220405" (Total $1197.90)
Add the 19" LCD with TV (Total $1508.10)
Hit continue twice.
Enter coupon code "3911217C8E52" and get $99 off (Total $1399.20)

really really good deal for someone looking for an excellent LCD monitor and a average (NON-gaming) computer

why is this such a good deal...

the LCD is 19" wide screen with speaker on the side and remote control with built in TV-Tuner (non-digital) valued at retail $1100....sale normally $990.
Computer wise, specification is average....it is 100% not for a gamer, the graphics is intergrated and has NO AGP slot for upgrade
Motherboard, http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/hz/index.htm

i have researched into it and thinks its worth the buy.....but i personally am not going to buy it, reason is that i don't need a new computer...and was contemplating a new monitor to replace my dual 15" LCD....and thought the 19" wide screen wouldn't cut it for me...

it is up to you to decide :)

PS: sale ends 31st March

EDIT (27/03): Price Changed See Below

Last edited:

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Hehe, if I had money I'd get one of those apple 30''+ LCDs

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
HellVeN said:
Hehe, if I had money I'd get one of those apple 30''+ LCDs
Yeah - they are awesome. My music teacher out side of school wants a 20" or what ever size they have arround that. or he was gonna get a dual display!! I dont think his fiance was gonna let him though!! :p

sunny

meh.
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
wouldnt it be cheaper if u buy from privately owned computer shops???
Thats what we're saying, Dell sometimes does have deals that are very well priced.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
o sorry... well i guess dell's "cheap" isnt very cheap
u prob cant get any cheaper than that because its a major company
they prob want more profits
some people will buy off dell no matter the price
cause in the shops they ask u what computer u want and they prob wont have a clue so they get a premade one :D

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i read in my economics book about Dell. that they assemble majority of the computers according to the request of the customer, that means they dont have alot of stock sitting taking up space, therefore are more effiefent and hence can make prices cheap. :) kinda like what the small computer shops do.

ps dell is not paying me to say its good ( but if they will pay ill continue)

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
what annoys me is when big retailers like harvey norman can get individual components at retail prices that are cheaper than the small computer business can! their buying power puts the small man out of business - even though most of the time the big people have no idea what they are talking about and the small man is an expert

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
JimmyK said:
what annoys me is when big retailers like harvey norman can get individual components at retail prices that are cheaper than the small computer business can! their buying power puts the small man out of business - even though most of the time the big people have no idea what they are talking about and the small man is an expert
yeh true its hard for the little dudes in the computer industry aswell as the always improving technology which is hard to keep up with. i say relocate yuor busniess and start up a farm or sometihng :)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
UPDATE:

since my posting last night Dell has added $100 extra to the price of the 19" LCD addition :(

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
dell uses cheap computer parts and although some of their packages are a bargain, u should still make sure that ur buyin what u think ur buyin...

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i read in my economics book about Dell. that they assemble majority of the computers according to the request of the customer, that means they dont have alot of stock sitting taking up space, therefore are more effiefent and hence can make prices cheap. :) kinda like what the small computer shops do.
)
Debatable :p

Im my accounting textbook, it says that "made to order" items are more complex, and are not produced in "batches", which would mean more manufacturing hours would be involved in producing a custom built PC.

If your using half a shelf, whats the extra cost of using the full shelf with the same amount of PC parts ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)