great escape festival (1 Viewer)

kaylz

HSC
I reeeally want to go and camp for the whole 3 days! Is anyone going?

kaylz

HSC
hate you. i think i've missed out on tix.

Gangels

HSC
kaylz said:
hate you. i think i've missed out on tix.
You havent missed out. Theres still heaps left. Well not heaps but theres plenty enough left for you to get one. Its about $150 w/camping. Incredibly cheap, I had tickets to the Blues fest but i had to sell it so i bought a Great Escape ticket:)

libertine

in the middle class ghetto: North Shore, Bitch
HSC
god i do not possess the adjectives to describe that set from sigur ros

it was the best performance i have ever witnessed...jonsi's voice was just on song and the girls from amina were fan-fucking-tastic
glosoli....i couldnt help but dance like a fuck to the wall of crashing guitars
the drumming in ny abtteri is always a standout and again tonight it proved so
saeglopur came as a surprise for me...i wanted se lest but there is no doubting its genius
njosnavelin was nothing short of brilliant and had everyone basking in the eerie sounds emitted from jonsi's guitar
hoppipolla needs no introduction...a dreamy, uplifting song with the perfect melody
olsen olsen(my favourite song) was slightly botched...but i loved jonsi's high-pitched shrieks...and frankly when those violins kick in its irressistible
viorar-vel-till-loftarasa was also amazing...shame about the crowd who thought the song had finished (why i hate festivals) and started clapping lol but the climax....heavenly..and they hadnt played it in awhile!! suck shit ppl who didnt come

popplagid was amazing as the set closer...my heart was pumping fast as fuck

all in all im sure many ppl left as new fans along with those such as myself who have their love for this amazing band confirmed....if only i was arm in arms with an extremely hot indie gal then itd be the perfect night hehe

rant over.

Last edited:

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
libertine said:
god i do not possess the adjectives to describe that set from sigur ros

it was the best performance i have ever witnessed...jonsi's voice was just on song and the girls from amina were fan-fucking-tastic
glosoli....i couldnt help but dance like a fuck to the wall of crashing guitars
the drumming in ny abtteri is always a standout and again tonight it proved so
saeglopur came as a surprise for me...i wanted se lest but there is no doubting its genius
njosnavelin was nothing short of brilliant and had everyone basking in the eerie sounds emitted from jonsi's guitar
hoppipolla needs no introduction...a dreamy, uplifting song with the perfect melody
olsen olsen(my favourite song) was slightly botched...but i loved jonsi's high-pitched shrieks...and frankly when those violins kick in its irressistible
viorar-vel-till-loftarasa was also amazing...shame about the crowd who thought the song had finished (why i hate festivals) and started clapping lol but the climax....heavenly..and they hadnt played it in awhile!! suck shit ppl who didnt come

popplagid was amazing as the set closer...my heart was pumping fast as fuck

all in all im sure many ppl left as new fans along with those such as myself who have their love for this amazing band confirmed....if only i was arm in arms with an extremely hot indie gal then itd be the perfect night hehe

rant over.
nice rant.
you've managed to put some of it in words.
congratulations
i had tears in my eyes for most of the set.
just....ah. :eek:

HSC
Yeah, Sigur Ros were awesome as expected, but I really wanted them to play Svefn-G-Englar, thats my favourite song of theirs. Oh and The Herd were pretty good too, and Martha Wainwright was rather good for the 20 minutes I saw of her

HSC
I was in line with you but to the left of centre facing the stage as opposed to the right where you were. I was there for most of it but was holding off going to the toilet the whole gig and in the end I couldn't last any longer so I moved with about 15 minutes to go and came back to as close as I could get to the front after that, probably about halfway between the soundbooth and the stage

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
ahhh. yeah. daniela and i got majorly slimed pushing our way past the silverchair fans right up to the front. about 4/5 from the front. major slimage and it reeked. but so worth it. sigh <3
i have to pee now. so much it kinda hurts but im lazy. eh. gotta go now anyways :(

libertine

in the middle class ghetto: North Shore, Bitch
HSC
Trippendicular said:
Yeah, Sigur Ros were awesome as expected, but I really wanted them to play Svefn-G-Englar, thats my favourite song of theirs. Oh and The Herd were pretty good too, and Martha Wainwright was rather good for the 20 minutes I saw of her
yeh i caught the herd too and they surprised me....lots of energy and the crowd was ace..not as ace as afro moses though...everyone was grooving it down

it was a crying shame i had to sacrifice martha to be at the barrier for sigur ros, but the 6 hour wait (which involved 3 hours of stopping myself from taking a piss and losing my friends) was well worth it.

and melimoo a friend of mine was also in tears...as were many others i assure you

xblizzard

HSC
Anyone see Neville Staples? He would have been my main reason to go if i had ze cash

Ellie-Bee

HSC
Trippendicular said:
I went to the Blues and Roots festival in Byron over the easter weekend and saw basically the same bands as Great Escape. SIGUR ROS WERE FANTASTIC! Their songs made me get all tear-y! I loved them already but seeing them live boosted them into my top 5 bands.
I also saw - Michael Franti (2 times), Cat Empire (3 times), Martha W, Hilltop Hoods, Bernard Fanning, Blind Boys of Alabama, Jamie Cullum, Beth Orton and heaps more. Best festival EVER! :) Yay for music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)