Great places to eat and fun things to do near UTS (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
They're nice, yeah. I used to get one at least once a week (and for me, that's splurging :p).

But the "pearls" are MADE OF RESIN. Sure it's harmless in small doses. Just don't drink it all the time, or you'll screw up your stomach.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Resin.... yuck that's the crap i used to put on my shoes when I did dancing.... it doesn't look yummy.

karnevil

HSC
those drinks look feral.... I only ever see asian dudes and dudettes drinkin em tho.. are they really nice? should give em a try if they really arent so bad?

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
The pearls are sweet because they've been 'marinated' in a sweet syrup, I usually have it with Jasmine milk tea because the original one tastes a bit strong...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I had pearl milk tea today from easy way after I went to the UTS library.... it was alright..... it was a bit strong for me though because I am not a tea drinker, but it was ok.... those pearls don't taste like anything lol.

I love Lipton's Peach Iced Tea.... does anyone have any bubble drink recommendations that taste like it, but maybe nicer?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I love Lipton's Peach Iced Tea.... does anyone have any bubble drink recommendations that taste like it, but maybe nicer?
if you love the fruity teas, then go for the fruit flavours (relish) teas... like grape, peach or blueberry...

strong tea is good but :)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Oh ok, when I saw the word relish it made me think of the stuff people put on hot dogs I didn't realize it was fruits lol.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I get Apple Green Tea, sometimes other flavours (like Honeydew, Canteloupe). However, I haven't had any in months.

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
@ash

there's plenty of flavours.

Some stores make the tea stronger and hence it doens't taste as good.

what you would like to get is a good flavour (experiment) and you want the pearls to be relatively "bouncy" or chewey. If its too soggy, it makes it a bit boring :p

anyway.. experiment is the key!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yes! The key to stomach cancer! :D

Don't go for EasyWay unless you like Green Tea. Its bitterness can throw you off the stuff forever.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I don't know, I don't think I've tried them before. Frigid and I went to the place on the ground floor of Market City once. Well, he went there, I had Gloria Jeans' Hot Chocolate. But he seemed to like it.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
DON'T go to:
mother chu's in chinatown
alice's at the uts food court
the indian place in central station

they have all given my friends stomach problems and/or the shits. i don't think those places are very hygienic, or their food is not fresh.

a nice place to go, a short bus trip from uts, are all those nice little thai restaurants in king street in newtown.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Why waste your own money on good food and buses when you can waste the government's money on doctors!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
lol....

Yeah that indian place is near where I work.... when I walk home the food smells good but it doesn't look that clean.

And I wouldn't eat from any shops at the UTS food court... I call it salmonella city lol. Have you guys seen that thing that has hot dogs in in the union eatery? It is so dirty, and I have seen people stick their hands in to it!!! ick!!!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hey Ash, I really should have made this call a day ago but anyway...

be glad I said RESIN and not ROSIN ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)