Greatest Sell Out Band Of All Time! (2 Viewers)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
who to you, are the all time biggest sell outs?
im saying hoobastank. i fucking almost killed myself when i heard their new shit. you know your a sell out when anthony calea sings one of your songs on Australian Idol. especially when you initially told everyone you were a metal/core act... i hate hoobastank

what defines "selling out to you"

to me its a band changing their music style simply to suit a bigger target audience.
some people say silverchair sold out and abandoned their grunge act. i say bullshit. their is a difference between selling out and evolving musically

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
TurboTom said:
im saying hoobastank. i fucking almost killed myself when i heard their new shit. you know your a sell out when anthony calea sings one of your songs on Australian Idol. especially when you initially told everyone you were a metal/core act... i hate hoobastank

what defines "selling out to you"

to me its a band changing their music style simply to suit a bigger target audience.
some people say silverchair sold out and abandoned their grunge act. i say bullshit. their is a difference between selling out and evolving musically
Just cause someone on Idol does a bands song doesnt mean that the band has sold out, cause they have no control over that.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Korn said:
Just cause someone on Idol does a bands song doesnt mean that the band has sold out, cause they have no control over that.
i was kidding... but you have to admit that hoobastank changed their music style dramatically...

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
TurboTom said:
i was kidding... but you have to admit that hoobastank changed their music style dramatically...
Yeah i dont know, i dont really listen to hoobastank

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Korn said:
Yeah i dont know, i dont really listen to hoobastank
fuck me crawling in the drk off the first album was an all time song... really good breakdown and angry. then came the reason....
i wrote them an email telling them how bigger sellouts they were... haha never got a reply and i got taken off the mailing list

the_atomium

Bastard Harbour Mastah
HSC
shut and up.

how can you tell that hoobastank did 'sell out' and not just evolve their music, ala silverchair?

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
Also "becoming shit" is probably a better way to describe what you're talking about.
Though if we're splitting hairs, Hoobastank were never good.

the_atomium

Bastard Harbour Mastah
HSC
it seems to me that the term sell out is only thrown around by people who think the shit they listen to is 'underground', and when other people start to listen to it, they have a cry.

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
the_atomium said:
it seems to me that the term sell out is only thrown around by people who think the shit they listen to is 'underground', and when other people start to listen to it, they have a cry.
haha modest mouse

the_atomium

Bastard Harbour Mastah
HSC
wolf eyes fucking rules man!
andrew wk made me wet, but then he sold out with wolf eyes.

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
the_atomium said:
wolf eyes fucking rules man!
andrew wk made me wet, but then he sold out with wolf eyes.
"IM GETTING RICH
IM GETTING RICHER
IM GETTING RICHER
WHILE YOU GET POORER"

le baa

HSC
the_atomium said:
Agreed. Heaven forbid a band or artist gets popular and leave all their "more alternative than thou" fans out in the cold. *Emo tear*

TurboTom said:
The thing is, anyone with a pair of ears can tell that Hoobastank were never a metal/core act. I bought their first album, got pretty into it, but I would never put 'metal' into a sentence that describes their music, unless 'not' came before it.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
the_atomium said:
and it seems to me that you are an ignorant fuck.
did i whinge when blink fell in and out of popularity, do i care that coheed and cambria are now the new in core band? did i bitch when my entire high school started to listen to taking back sunday?
i dont throw the term sell out around like its nothing.
and to answer your question abu, silverchair was a gradual change over many years... hoobstank's first album was a flop "ie it didnt sell well because it only appealed to a small audience" so they completely changed their style to appeal to a greater audience totally ignoring their fans who fucking well made them who they are... they sold out their fans... thats the point
its a matter of respect from those who were there from the start, or abandoning that for money...
a band doesnt sell out by becoming popular... a band sells out when they change what they were doing to become popular...

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
le baa said:
Agreed. Heaven forbid a band or artist gets popular and leave all their "more alternative than thou" fans out in the cold. *Emo tear*

The thing is, anyone with a pair of ears can tell that Hoobastank were never a metal/core act. I bought their first album, got pretty into it, but I would never put 'metal' into a sentence that describes their music, unless 'not' came before it.
Yeah i dont think Hoobastank is metalcore, if u wanna know what metal core is check out this site

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)