greens voters (1 Viewer)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
I will vote for whatever party wants to have a serious debate about the war on drugs

unfortunately the greens have already well and truly gone mainstream on this one and will probably never go back

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
their social policies are bad

who cares about gay marriage seriously

yeah there's just a huge line of monogamous homosexuals just waiting to line up to get married and settle down with their lifelong partner lmao

yeah sure

gay marriage is just another one of those retarded liberal crusades for equality (which generally transfigure themselves into crusades for group privilege afterwards to keep them going - meaning we have even more reasons to oppose them)

how is abortion not legal in australia anyway

unless its not on demand and thats what theyre going for

then yeah i support that but not for the retarded reasons the greens support it for
Equality is good.

Abortion is still illegal in Queensland somehow in this day and age. A young couple are currently before the court system in Queensland as they terminated their as yet unborn 'baby'.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Gay people care about gay marriage. The main reason I want homosexual marriage is because I fucking hate that religions are dictating what people in this country can and can't do. It doesn't affect me one bit and I could care less on a personal level, but fuck churches telling people what they can do with their lives.
Yes.

so if its peopole telling you what to do thats your problem would you be ok with cutting a deal with fags that they can have gay marriage as long as they no longer can actively support things (or at least the prospect of things) that consist of them telling other people what to do (like anti discrimination laws in favour of them, hate speech laws so they cant be 'villified', etc)

think they'd go for it mate
I multi-quoted this because I disagreed with the gist of the comment. But in detail it's almost impossible to understand because of your terrible lack of punctuation or grammatical norms. Full stops are friends, not food.

Perhaps people of all minorities have earned their right to "tell people what to do" through legislative means? Like pregnant women, after suffering so much formal and informal slack for becoming pregnant while employed? I would argue that moderate, reasonable anti-discrimination laws perform an important safeguard in a pretty easy-going society like Australia's. I certainly appreciate Australia's anti-discrimination laws are hard won and critically important when one considers judicial and law enforcement systems like those in Iran, for example, where consensual sex between people of the same sex, including 'lustful kissing' is illegal with punishment up to death. LGBT are often physically abused, including being instrumentally raped, the by the police force, and tortured into confessions.

Iranian culture is not open or tolerant towards LGBT people, but would Australians be as open, on personal and professional levels, as they are now, if we never had the kind of anti-discrimination laws (sexual orientation comes under state jurisdictions)? Being discriminated against certainly at school and sometimes at workplaces makes me very grateful that their is a formal avenue for me to pursue if I wish.

You don't seem the open mind type but maybe if you put yourself in the shoes of a homosexual or a pregnant woman and think how blazingly angry you would feel if you were denied opportunities at the workplace on the basis of your condition, sexual orientation or gender you would have a more sensible view of things?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
But the point is that many gay couples want to get married just like straight ones, they don't care if you or I think that people can still love each other without signing the paper.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
Perhaps people of all minorities have earned their right to "tell people what to do" through legislative means
but people who are a majority haven't earned the right to tell homosexuals they aren't allowed to be married? the whole point is that you shouldn't have some sort of right to tell people what to do, and that includes who you should be able to marry, who you choose to associate with (in the workplace as an employer, in a church, or whatever) etc.

I would argue that moderate, reasonable anti-discrimination laws perform an important safeguard in a pretty easy-going society like Australia's. I certainly appreciate Australia's anti-discrimination laws are hard won and critically important when one considers judicial and law enforcement systems like those in Iran, for example, where consensual sex between people of the same sex, including 'lustful kissing' is illegal with punishment up to death.
safeguard for what? a safeguard for homosexual execution?

Iranian culture is not open or tolerant towards LGBT people, but would Australians be as open, on personal and professional levels, as they are now, if we never had the kind of anti-discrimination laws (sexual orientation comes under state jurisdictions)?
so basically you're saying that people hate faggots and you basically need laws to make people pretend to like them

lmao

yeah sorry personal levels no (and it wouldn't matter anyway; could you explain how anti-discrimination laws operate to make people pretend to like homosexuals on a personal level), professional level maybe in some places of employment but most no

why faggots are so enthusiastic to be hired by people who dont like them in the first place i';ll never understand

You don't seem the open mind type but maybe if you put yourself in the shoes of a homosexual or a pregnant woman and think how blazingly angry you would feel if you were denied opportunities at the workplace on the basis of your condition
lots of people get discriminated against not just butthumpers for some reason or another at some time in their life, buttpumpers just want to make it seem like they have some sort of monopoly on suffering and personal persecution

i've probably been discriminated against in employment for reasons i don't consider particularly fair (it has nothing to do with my race, sexual orientation, etc, though) but that doesn't mean that i think there should be a billion different laws legislating against freedom of association

do you think we should just make a bunch new laws everytime you become 'blazingly angry' over some perceived injustice

why not bring in anti-discrimination laws for friendship circles too

TOO MANY WHITE PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP OF FRIENDS

NOT ENOUGH HOMOS

anti-discrimination laws can prob be opposed on a very sensible pragmatic basis that barry goldwater underlined in the 1960s; they lead to employment quotas eventually for a very logical reason. small firms cant defend themselves legally against claims of 'discrimination' from some whingy minority and even if they can, more often than not the legal fees damage them extensively so they self impose employment quotas on themselves to avoid problems in the first place which is BAD BAD BASD. legislative quotas eventually become a desirable thing which is HORRIBLE quotas are the WORST THING EVER

i don't know whether we run quotas in aussie but i'm sure they're going on somewhere

goodoo

HSC
This thread tells a lot about green voters and policies. If the most important policy they have is homosexual marriage, it does not say much for the party.
I could not care less about who marries who and don't dislike homosexuals, but I dont want to hear about everyone's sexual preferences and why they think they are discriminated against because of it. What people do in their own time is their business and I am sick of hearing about it. How is them getting married going to change anything.

retwb

HSC
N/A
shut the heck up you dewwes, the gerens are the future of our society. Hpmesexual marrogae s not hte main issue of hte grrens, it is just a flow on polic.y Enviromental conciuncus ad climate change are the main aims.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
shittest troll i've ever seen in my life

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
This thread tells a lot about green voters and policies. If the most important policy they have is homosexual marriage, it does not say much for the party.
I could not care less about who marries who and don't dislike homosexuals, but I dont want to hear about everyone's sexual preferences and why they think they are discriminated against because of it. What people do in their own time is their business and I am sick of hearing about it. How is them getting married going to change anything.
The greens are a left-wing social party. Economics comes second to their social policies. They don't care about economics nor do they understand it and they rely on an image of progressivism to drag them through to seats in state and federal governments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)