Griffith/Uni of QLD/ Macquarie UNI dilemma (1 Viewer)

*Baby-K*

HSC
So here's the deal, I live in Sydney and I applied for Law/International Studies at Macquarie which is 95UAI- that's the course I want to do and do Russian/French as my electives. I had everything planned out until my dad started working in Brisbane and has a 2 year contract. This year he has been living up there and coming back on w/e to see us but next year my mum and my little brother are moving up there. :(
That completely stuffs me up for what I want to do. Now if I move to Brisbane with them: I understand that Griffith offers Law/International Business which is very similar and has a lower UAI but the problem is that Macquarie's law program is different to other unis so how am I gonna be able to cope when I move back to Sydney??? Also Griffith doesn't offer the same electives and obvously I wanted to do European studies, thus Russian and French languages.
My dad told me that Uni of QLD offers those languages but the course is Law/Arts- which is NOT what I want to do and once again- I am gonna be stuffed when I transfer back to Macquarie because of the difference in the programs.
If I don't move up there (and I really really don't want to) then I will go to Macquarie and everything will be fine except for it's gonna be really expensive for my parents to pay for themselves up in Brisbane and for me to live here. I can't move on campus because I have a dog and my parents will be renting so they can't take the dog with them. I don't know what to do, I also don't want to move because I don't want to leave my long-relationship bf behind although he said that he will move up there with me- it will stuff his plans and work up too. My parents are not forcing me to move because they can't but obviously they don't want to separate the whole family.
What can I do???:bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

HSC
move with them, and do the subjects that match up while you're there, and do the rest when you get back. might take you a bit longer if there aren't heaps that they will let you take credit for, but eh

*Baby-K*

HSC
katietheskatie said:
move with them, and do the subjects that match up while you're there, and do the rest when you get back. might take you a bit longer if there aren't heaps that they will let you take credit for, but eh
My dad's so determined to make me move there he found some Russian scolarship for me for $20 000 or sumthing.
I don't want to move :burn:

Bunghole

Paris-Dakar
HSC
you're rather stuffed

*Baby-K* said:
So here's the deal, I live in Sydney and I applied for Law/International Studies at Macquarie which is 95UAI- that's the course I want to do and do Russian/French as my electives. I had everything planned out until my dad started working in Brisbane and has a 2 year contract. This year he has been living up there and coming back on w/e to see us but next year my mum and my little brother are moving up there. :(
That completely stuffs me up for what I want to do. Now if I move to Brisbane with them: I understand that Griffith offers Law/International Business which is very similar and has a lower UAI but the problem is that Macquarie's law program is different to other unis so how am I gonna be able to cope when I move back to Sydney??? Also Griffith doesn't offer the same electives and obvously I wanted to do European studies, thus Russian and French languages.
My dad told me that Uni of QLD offers those languages but the course is Law/Arts- which is NOT what I want to do and once again- I am gonna be stuffed when I transfer back to Macquarie because of the difference in the programs.
If I don't move up there (and I really really don't want to) then I will go to Macquarie and everything will be fine except for it's gonna be really expensive for my parents to pay for themselves up in Brisbane and for me to live here. I can't move on campus because I have a dog and my parents will be renting so they can't take the dog with them. I don't know what to do, I also don't want to move because I don't want to leave my long-relationship bf behind although he said that he will move up there with me- it will stuff his plans and work up too. My parents are not forcing me to move because they can't but obviously they don't want to separate the whole family.
What can I do???:bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

*Baby-K*

HSC
I know that, I just had a fight about it with my mum in the car
If I stay in Sydney I gotta live off my own salary

*Baby-K*

HSC
:angry: You think there's alot of money left for an apartment/food/bills/car etc after you pay $8000 semester for uni????

*Baby-K*

HSC
katietheskatie said:
you know there's a thing called hecs, right?
Yah but after you start earning over a certain amount (I don't remember it's either 35k or 40k) you have to start paying it back

newmz89

Beer
HSC
*Baby-K* said:
Yah but after you start earning over a certain amount (I don't remember it's either 35k or 40k) you have to start paying it back
then never earn over that amount lol. but nah if you want to be successful your gunna have to face it that one day you will have to pay it back. however my parents are the oposite, since i stayed in hobart they payed my fees, if i went interstate they said i would have had to pay them myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)