Groovin the Moo 2013 (1 Viewer)

Californication

HSC
Anyone planning on going to Groovin the Moo this year? The lineup was accidentally leaked today.

Groovin the Moo is a festival that accommodates the rural community. This forum probably doesn't have many rural posters but that won't stop the city slickers from trekking up their like myself from attending!

Groovin the Moo 2013 Lineup:
  • ALISON WONDERLAND
  • ALPINE
  • THE AMITY AFFLICTION
  • THE BRONX (USA)
  • DZ DEATHRAYS (DJ SET)
  • EXAMPLE (UK)
  • FLUME
  • FRIGHTENED RABBIT (UK)
  • HUNGRY KIDS OF HUNGARY
  • THE KOOKS (UK)
  • LAST DINOSAURS
  • MATT AND KIM (USA)
  • MIDNIGHT JUGGERNAUTS
  • PEZ
  • REGURGITATOR
  • SETH SENTRY
  • SHOCKONE
  • TAME IMPALA
  • TEGAN AND SARA (CAN)
  • THE TEMPER TRAP
  • THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS (USA)
  • TUKA WITH ELLESQUIRE
  • URTHBOY
  • DJ WOODY’S BIG PHAT 90’S MIXTAPE (UK)
  • YACHT (USA)
  • YOLANDA BE COOL

What do you think of the lineup? Personally, I am very excited to see Flume, Tame Impala and The Temper Trap (who I will also be seeing at Future Music Festival).

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
It would be a pathetic lineup if it was held in any major city, but probably fairly decent for a more rural festival.

I've already seen
ALISON WONDERLAND
ALPINE
DZ DEATHRAYS (DJ SET)
FLUME
HUNGRY KIDS OF HUNGARY
THE KOOKS (UK)
LAST DINOSAURS
MATT AND KIM (USA)
MIDNIGHT JUGGERNAUTS
REGURGITATOR
TAME IMPALA
TEGAN AND SARA (CAN)
THE TEMPER TRAP
URTHBOY
YOLANDA BE COOL

before (in the last 2 years), and several of them two or more times, so there's not really any incentive for me to go. I would like to catch matt and kim in a side show though.

Californication

HSC
It would be a pathetic lineup if it was held in any major city, but probably fairly decent for a more rural festival.

I've already seen
ALISON WONDERLAND
ALPINE
DZ DEATHRAYS (DJ SET)
FLUME
HUNGRY KIDS OF HUNGARY
THE KOOKS (UK)
LAST DINOSAURS
MATT AND KIM (USA)
MIDNIGHT JUGGERNAUTS
REGURGITATOR
TAME IMPALA
TEGAN AND SARA (CAN)
THE TEMPER TRAP
URTHBOY
YOLANDA BE COOL

before (in the last 2 years), and several of them two or more times, so there's not really any incentive for me to go. I would like to catch matt and kim in a side show though.
Oh definitely, but like you said, for a rural festival it isn't bad and for $100 you can't go wrong.

What was Flume and Tame Impala like live?

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Oh definitely, but like you said, for a rural festival it isn't bad and for $100 you can't go wrong.

What was Flume and Tame Impala like live?
yeah but then travel expenses are a pain and trying to get home when you're exhausted, or finding a place to stay is so much harder than just going home to bed. Maybe if I had more friends in maitland/canberra, I'd consider it.

Flume is fun live, except I spent half his set thinking my cousin could probably do that just as well (and he kinda looks like my cousin it's weird) ((and he's younger than me so makes me feel like I've done nothing with my life haha)

I honestly don't understand the Tame Impala thing. I don't mind some Pond, but Tame Impala just never really did it for me and while everyone raves about the live show, I've seen them twice and always felt a bit overwhelmed by noise and underwhelmed by the message and the atmosphere. But that's just me!

I'd definitely suggest checking out Alison Wonderland if you can, she was a real surprise to me and does an awesomely fun set. Matt and Kim got me dancing once at 3 in the afternoon on a 45 degree day, so worth it for their energy and funtimes. And urthboy is ridiculously underrated.

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
lol travel expenses what are you hiring a limo there. a train ticket is so cheap, like $4.20 to newcastle and there are free buses lol

I AM GOING IT'LL BE THE BEST HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
more like having to find a place to stay because I'm night blind and can't drive home after and trains don't run back to syd that time of night usually

i'm going to try and get a media pass and if they grant it totes going

Californication

HSC
Yeah, I'm not worried about the travel expenses because it'll probably be $20 including the shuttle bus to/from Maitland Showgrounds but realising that I won't get back home till 6am in the morning is kind of a downer.

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I'm not worried about the travel expenses because it'll probably be $20 including the shuttle bus to/from Maitland Showgrounds but realising that I won't get back home till 6am in the morning is kind of a downer.
this is not very yolo

you are all boring it is upsetting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)