Group Interview with Diva; What to Expect? (1 Viewer)

Rory

HSC
I just got called for a group interview with 'Diva' for Wednesday and I'm kinda curious about what to expect. I've never had a group interview before, nor an interview with 'Diva', so any ideas? Would be muchly appreciated.

Rory

HSC
Hah yeh I wasn't too keen on being called for an interview in 2 days, I'm used to having like at least a week or so to prepare and I couldn't renegotiate the interview timing so I'll be cutting it close to my afternoon lecture that day.. I'm a bit wary about an interview that goes for an hour and a half..

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
natstar said:
They rang at like 1pm. Its not very professional when they leave it that close. How are you supposed to prepare?
thats the idea..

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
they'll probably get u to do group activities to see how you work in a team. i did a group interview with the body shop and we had an absolute blast!

group interviews are usually quite informal, though I suggest you dress nicely, nice pants, collared top, etc. dont go overboard with earrings n make up n shit.

you don't really need to prepare. just be yourself, and make sure YOU COOPERATE in your team activites. make the time to remember people's names and talk to them, coz the interviewers will see that you're a friendly person.

geez im jealous. diva is the best shop! good luck!

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
wear some diva jewels ! that'll impress them! lol

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I hate it when companies call up late. I got called at 830am for an interview at 4pm that afternoon, I couldnt make it due to an appointment and they wouldnt re-negotiate or anything. Pricks.

Anyways, I think group interviews are just to get to know everyone. Nothing spectacular. Just be yourself... they'll prolly ask a bunch of stupid questions, as well.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
my last job, i walked in and asked for an application form, they interviewed me on the spot and 10 minutes later i had the job, even though my shellshocked attitude to having an interview sprung on me didnt help much. i think the first question was "why do you want to work for the reject shop?" and in my nervousness i blurted out "i dont really wanna work here specifically, i just need a job." lol what enthusiasm.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i think the first question was "why do you want to work for the reject shop?" and in my nervousness i blurted out "i dont really wanna work here specifically, i just need a job." lol what enthusiasm.
omg!! you serious??

nice going ~! :cool:

syera

HSC
N/A
i just got a call from diva one hour ago, but i ~missed it =S im sooo annoyed. i called the number back to see who it was, but it was voice recorded message from their headquarters. Do they do all the interviews at the city??? Coz then i guess i wudnt be able to make it anyway! :p

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
diva rang me for an interview last year, and i was at work when they rang, the interview was the next day at 12pm in SYDNEY (for the erina fair store) and I tried ringing back to see if I could reschedule it and no one ever answered...

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
they're the same company as sanity, so there'll be 'introduce yourself', 'sell your partner' 'sell features and benefits of a product' then general questions to the whole group

Alexil

HSC
I had one a few weeks ago.

Like someone said, definitely wear tons of jewellery. They have a 5 item minimum for their staff, so load it on.
I had to the do the "sell your partner" and the "sell features and benefits of a product" tasks that kangarulz mentioned. They also asked us what we knew about the company, so I suggest looking at the site just for some history (when it was established, how many stores, that sort of thing). Someone mentioned that it was good that diva doesn't have one specific target audience - their products are aimed at all ages, and a lot of different groups.
There were general scenario questions, I just answered those and kept crapping on about the whole "keep your customer happy" bullshit.
I suggest having a couple of questions ready when they ask if you have any - I don't remember what I asked, but another girl asked how you should deal with someone you suspect has been shoplifting (which then turned around into a "how would YOU guys handle it" question).

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but if I remember I'll post it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)