Group Interview (1 Viewer)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
How do you prepare yourself to succeed in a group interview? What tips would you share with someone that has a group interview this Friday? Please provide me some answers thank you!

Anyoine been interviewed by salmat or customcall?

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i was totally rorted in my group interview. they gave us a partner and we had to describe ourselves to the partner and then the partner would present me to the group. my partner was a camp guy who was on the organising committee of the mardi gras and was going on about how he was organising heaps of gay parties. then when it came to presenting me, he got everything wrong about me. he couldnt even remember my name.

Lennie

This all probably goes without saying, but what they will want to see, is something that sets you apart from all the others. Dont be pushy, listen to what others have to say without cutting them off, but be memorable.
Usually, they will ask you to present something about other members of the group eg. They will pair you up with someone and ask you to remember 3 key things about them.
Try and choose things about them that would be relevent to the job, and the clientele. Dont just go for the obvious; age, birthplace, owns a dog... etc. etc.
Like any interview, do a bit of backgroud research on the company, figure out answers to the usual questions and your set.
Im not sure of the company, but above all remain professional. Figure out what type of employee they are after (vibrant? talkative? smart?) and try and act the part.
Good luck :p

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
I seriously believe that with interviews, in the end you've gotta be yourself. Maybe it's not such an issue at our level (or at least, the general age of BOSsers), but if you act too much, or fake your resume, you generate all sorts of expectations which don't you would need to act to fulfil. From there, If you've got to act to be the type of person that the employers are looking for, for that job, I'd personally question (but not necessarily rule out) the fact you might even want the job, in the long run... That said, its easy to be nervous and in turn, it's difficult to be yourself... I'm sure we've all had the pre-interview-jitters. :eek:

Group interviews: generally only done for pretty average jobs... so, what're the good things in lowish, "pretty average" jobs? --

Good communication, teamwork, leadership with appropriate cooperation, acknowledgement of others' good ideas is a good move, too... Listen to what people have to say, even if it seems entirely stupid...

Just make sure you are generally outgoing and happy and you'll be fine.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Group interviews are used to see how good your interpersonal skills are in leading a group and working as a team. I wouldn't say they are used for 'pretty average jobs'. I think alot of jobs nowadays require people to work in groups and it's hard to tell on paper if someone can fit into an organisation's structure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)