Group interviews generally (1 Viewer)

hApPy1

HSC
Breaking it down from my last thread :p has anyone here attended a group interview and how did u find it in terms of being able to express urself among other ppl- was it more difficult? encouraging? were u given the spotlight at any moment?

any input would b greatly appreciated! thanx ppl :)

mishka

HSC
N/A
I did a group interview a few weeks ago - it was very casual though, at Gloria Jeans! Anyway, there were three people in the interview (and two interviewers) and basically you just have to show how well you communicate, how you work with others and your personality. The interviewers took time to ask a question then listened to what we each had to say. I don't think they were necessarily harder than single interviews but you need to be able to talk about yourself. I guess the larger the group the harder it would be to stand out (unless you're one of those super-confident, in-your-face type :p)

Basically:
* be yourself - don't try too hard to impress, it's good to be outgoing but don't go over the top
* speak clearly and not too fast, so they can understand you
* dress professionally - don't show up in jeans and a t-shirt
* don't interrupt others. If you want to say something wait until others have finished speaking
* say hello to the other applicants (if you get there early, for example) - show that you are friendly and outgoing

hApPy1

HSC
thanx for that guys! yeah im sure the interview is heaps relaxed its just that im not...lol - stress doesnt help in these times so im tryin to revise answers etc- im sure it all gets down to impro and personality tho....as much as i hate to think so...lol

thanx guys

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Be composed =] Don't try to be the loudmouth, but don't be so quiet that noone remembers you. That's all I can think of to suggest- good luck and maybe being yourself might help~

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
just relax and hold a conversation with people as you would do in a friendship situation

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i had a group interview and i got the job.
they split us into groups and asked questions and madeus do activities like making aposter for the shop and then present them as a group to everyone. you had to be really pushy to say anything and the only time i did was during the group presentations, and i still got the job. so basically be nice and not to over the top

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)