Group interviews (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I have a group interview for David Jones this week and I was wondering, are group interviews scarier than one on one interviews?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
hmm lets see being alone with one or more interviewers.. or being in a group situation with other people in the same boat as u with one or more interviewers :p
group interviews are fun they give u situations to figure out and u just gotta show them ur interpersonal and creative skills working with other people

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I've heard they're pretty scary, no need for the sarcasm.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i would think group interviews would be tougher, al lthe competition is right next to you. Remember to be civil

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I'm always civil.

And the worse thing is, it's for David Jones. I mean come on, upper class!

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
be nice and friendly. If you have that + the right qualifications you should be sweet.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
why don't i just give you the job now then?

/hands over job.

MouNtY

i think that having your competition sitting right next to you, is a lot less nerve wrecking then not knowing how good your compeitiors are, and then having to wonder if you were as good as they were...where as if they were next to you in a group interview, you could see wat they have, take onboard some of the ideas that they have, and sometimmes theres even a little room for cockiness, when you see that they all kinds suck...but like Jago said..."remember to be civil"

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i prefer group interviews... though i was terrified the first time i went to one. I like it cos you can gauge the competition, and it's a really good chance to prove yourself better than other people. Like in mine, most people were really quiet so it was my chance to really speak out and show that i am confident in those sort of situations and i am a contributor to group discussions (strange cos i'm actually very shy!)
so basically you need to be polite, well spoken and a contributor to the conversation.. i don't think they really care what you contribute as long as you do, because there will prob be people who don't. And if you are in a group where everyone speaks out, then just use your wit and outsmart the rest of them! ;) we all know you're confident and clever, Loz.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
But what happens? I just don't understand the concept of it. One on one has got to be easier.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
well in group interviews, it's easier for them to see how you interact with other people

on the other hand, you might get unnerved being right next to your competition

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
What competition? :p

Yeah, fair enough. I just want a goddamn job.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
ok you go in and sit at a table with the rest of your group and one or more assessor people. They usually ask you to introduce yourself. Then you get given a couple of activities which you will have to brainstorm as a group, so it's just a discussion on whatever work-related topic they give you. They look for people who are confident, contribute to conversation, are well spoken and are willing to listen to other people's input, and either add to it or outline what you think about it. does that help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)