Group Work (1 Viewer)

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
Hi everyone,

Well, I've been pretty lucky with the groups I've been assigned in the past but it seems my luck has finally run out. I have a group presentation due on Friday for an economics subject and I have been trying to contact ALL the other members of my group since last Friday and none of them have replied. I don't have any of their email addresses even though they now have mine and I'm at odds with what to do. I've since emailed my tutor to let him know of my situation and hopefully he will reply sometime soon but until then what else can I do? I don't want to lose the 15% this presentation is worth so I'm planning on preparing as much work as possible and handing it in to the tutor, hoping he will understand that there's nothing else I can do! Is there anything else you guys suggest I do? Or have you had experience in the same situation?

Thanks guys,
Pam

L

LaraB

pam17 said:
Hi everyone,

Well, I've been pretty lucky with the groups I've been assigned in the past but it seems my luck has finally run out. I have a group presentation due on Friday for an economics subject and I have been trying to contact ALL the other members of my group since last Friday and none of them have replied. I don't have any of their email addresses even though they now have mine and I'm at odds with what to do. I've since emailed my tutor to let him know of my situation and hopefully he will reply sometime soon but until then what else can I do? I don't want to lose the 15% this presentation is worth so I'm planning on preparing as much work as possible and handing it in to the tutor, hoping he will understand that there's nothing else I can do! Is there anything else you guys suggest I do? Or have you had experience in the same situation?

Thanks guys,
Pam
Depends on the subject... i know some units have official 'i-hate-my-group-coz-they-don't-do-any-work' forms :p...

Talk to you tutor and your unit coordinator and just do what you can in the mean time - if you have genuinely done all you can to contact them and they aren't replying, there's not really anything you can do..

hope it works out:)

Vahl

HSC
1) Best of luck Pam, I hate presentations in front of class :s:
2) If you have made reasonable efforts to communicate with your tutor, I think that is all that you can do; and
3) if you really have a problem, go to the faculty building and explain your case to a staff member, they're likely to be more than willing to help:) [unless they're a particular arts lecturer who want to kill you...]

Jonathan A

HSC
pam17 said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks guys,
Pam

Hi Pam,

It should be noted (just in retrospect), that generally you should make arrangements with the group as to contact. I am not too sure as to what you mean by "tried to contact" - but in WebCT there is an email option where you can contact any member of your unit. If that fails, you can go to your Course Page on WebCT (e.g. School of Economics and Finance or Bachelor of Economics) and see if there is an email link to the students.

Hope it went well.

Jonathan

L

LaraB

Jonathan A said:
Hi Pam,

It should be noted (just in retrospect), that generally you should make arrangements with the group as to contact. I am not too sure as to what you mean by "tried to contact" - but in WebCT there is an email option where you can contact any member of your unit. If that fails, you can go to your Course Page on WebCT (e.g. School of Economics and Finance or Bachelor of Economics) and see if there is an email link to the students.

Hope it went well.

Jonathan
Not every unit has the email option on webct...

and not all people are listed on there - if you share a name with someone else, they just don't put either of you on there to save you getting emails meant for each other...

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
Thanks everyone for your replies. The afternoon after I had emailed my tutor I managed to get in contact with one group member, and we ended up doing the presentation on Friday all together so it worked itself out fine.

Jonathon - I had contact numbers but no email addresses, despite the three other members having 2 contact numbers for me (home and mobile) and my email. Unfortunately - no email option for this subject on WebCT either so I was basically out of options!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)