Guess the technique!! (1 Viewer)

Emph

HSC
Ok so what technique is used in this sentence...

"...to appease the hunger for her presence, the craving for her lips that had been devouring him through all the fever and pain..."

I know it has to be something because there are the words "hunger", "craving" and "devouring" which can all be linked and it cant just be a fluke they are in the same sentence... but WHAT is the technique?

I know it is emotive language, but is it also a metaphor, symbolism, allusion....

HELP

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
metaphor, symbolism, allusion? Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's go back to more basic stuff...

Hunger: It's a quality-word, so it's a noun...right? (A noun is a word that names a person, place, thing, animal or quality)

craving: crave is a "doing" word (a verb). For future reference, if you put a word after the word "to" and it can make sense, then it's a verb. (ie, if "to [x] makes sense, then x = verb.

In addition, the word ends with "-ing". Thus, it's an adverb

devouring: Refer to "craving" above.

My advice: stick with the emotive language, and/or else, find another more expicit technique.

PS: I'm not all that confident about my grammar skills myself, so i've i've HUGELY stuffed up, somebody stop me!

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
imagery!

emotive language is also suitable, but as long as u say what those emotive language supports/magnifies/indicates, etc...<idea>

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
if it goes on like that, about the "need" (I was going to say about "food" but your can expand to needs), you can say the text uses a "sustained motif"

But if it's just that sentence, then I'm not so sure.

AmenoKitarou

HSC
I think its metaphoric imagery... cus the hunger and craving sounds animal-ish....and its pretty descriptive....so metaphor...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)