Guide to selecting your HSC Courses (1 Viewer)

ml125

HSC
Re: How NOT to pick HSC Subjects

hi.
within the next week i have to select my subjects for year 11 & 12. I'm aiming for an above 90 atar. Is this possible with my current subjects:

english advanced
economics
legal studies
2U maths
biology
drama

I've consistently achieved A's in all of my subjects but I'm concerned that these subjects may not scale well.
Any combination of subjects can get you a 99+ atar, scaling shouldn't be your main concern when choosing your subjects. Seeing as though you've been getting pretty consistent marks as of now, you should be able to manage an atar above 90 as long as you put the work into it.

timxv

HSC
is it possible for me to select 13 units for yr 11. i want to study english extension 1 but my school hasn't clarified wether i can take 13 units?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
is it possible for me to select 13 units for yr 11. i want to study english extension 1 but my school hasn't clarified wether i can take 13 units?

Most likely you will be allowed to.

catgirlz

HSC
Hey, I have chosen my subjects, but the lines haven't been drawn up yet. I don't know whether I should drop any subjects in Yr 12
These are the subjects-
Music 1
Studies of Religion II (Compulsary)
Advanced English
French Continuers
Chemistry
Mathematics

I want to do either music teaching or medical research, but am also really good at French. I might drop down English if it gets too hard, as it's my worst subject. Tips???

timxv

HSC
ok so I've got to make a final decision on my subjects and I am really torn between 2 options.

option a)

adv english
economics
legal studies
adv math
biology
drama

or...

option b)

adv english
ext english 1 (and then in year 12 pick up ext 2 and drop SOR)
economics
legal studies
adv math
drama
SOR 1 unit (would drop in year 12)

i'm really unsure about what to do! any guidance or tips would be really appreciated!

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
ok so I've got to make a final decision on my subjects and I am really torn between 2 options.

option a)

adv english
economics
legal studies
adv math
biology
drama

or...

option b)

adv english
ext english 1 (and then in year 12 pick up ext 2 and drop SOR)
economics
legal studies
adv math
drama
SOR 1 unit (would drop in year 12)

i'm really unsure about what to do! any guidance or tips would be really appreciated!
Would you like to rote learn alot of content? Then go biology. Would you want to write more essays? Then go english ext.

Up to you.

timxv

HSC
thank you! I decided to go with ext 1 as I achieve higher results in English and enjoy it!

catgirlz

HSC
Hey, I don't think you can do senior science and any other science in prelim year eg physics, chem and senior science.

harryjordan

HSC
N/A
Re: How NOT to pick HSC Subjects

I am wanting to do a tafe/uni course in photography/videoing and media when i finish school, i have the option to either do a photography/video course next at school but i have to drop maths for it, i know that maths is important for uni or even tafe. Which course would be best for me to do?

SmolBrain

HSC
im choosing
3u maths
2u eng
phys
chem
eco
pdhpe
would there be too much stress? thanks

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
im choosing
3u maths
2u eng
phys
chem
eco
pdhpe
would there be too much stress? thanks
I don't think so. Depends who you are and if you genuinely enjoy the subjects. Do not feel afraid to drop a subject if you don't enjoy it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)