Guide To The Writing Of The PIP (1 Viewer)

gabrieldain

HSC
Assuming that one's P.I.P. is a cross-cultural examination in itself (such as "How does australian television compare to german television?", or whatever else), is it necessary to "Explain how your PIP ivestigation will address the cross cultural component" in the introduction?
If there is no definite answer, could you tell me what you would do?

poppy.s

HSC
wow yeh
thats really really helps.
lol i may start now
only 2 weeks haha
still havent started

Kulazzi

HSC
Wow, I haven't been in here for ages.

Survivor39 said:
The structure of the PIP suggested by Kulazzi in this thread is meant to be a guide only. It is not meant to be a definitive. The past PIPs posted on this forum have all achieved High Distinction standards, but this does not mean it is the only way to write your PIP to get a good mark.
Yes, that is correct. You don't have to use this form strictly; it is only for those who are stuck on how to get started and just to lead the way :)

Amy-ish

HSC
Well I praise Kevin Steed, this has helped me with my current task for the term. We have to present our PIP introduction. Hmmm, I haven't really moved with my PIP that much, but I have about half the intro planned, and this just helped heaps
Thank you =]
ox
Amyish

pinkkate1406

HSC
haha yess that dud teacher thing does sound a bit common
well our teahcers are far from duds. they are all very smart but because wehave 4 classes across 3 lines it makes it hard to have all the classes at the same point and many lessons wasted watching vidoes etc

:)
but thats loads for that outline
we got one similar but this oneis more detailed :D

electrik1991

HSC
I've gone through 4... (count them) 4 society and culture teachers.

1 was really good around prelim time, and he shared with the relieving dep. principal who just gave us questions to do. we then had a casual for a while after they both decided to leave and i now have a HSIE teacher who had no idea what he was teaching.. and knows nothing about the PIP really.
thankyou BOS for teaching me.

anywho thats my rant.

=]

katiexx

HSC
I have heard the same about some soc teachers but i must say mine is the best! My teacher is a very very smart man and gives us as much help as possible. He is very supportive and is always willing to do whatever he can to improve our learning! I am very appreciative of him! He i greatly respected by all of his students!!!!!!

AccelerateGirl

HSC
wow, so many people with bad teachers

mine is absolutely the best. he is a bit worried because he 31 - count them 31 - pips to help with for next year. lucky him

And you know the best thing. I don't know if we all use the same textbook, but if you use the Heinemann Society & Culture book, yeah, you know the one? Well, one of the dudes who wrote that is my teacher. And my teachers son is in my class, and there is a picture of his son in that textbook. Small world hey?

AccelerateGirl

HSC
Fourth Paragraph
• Explain how your PIP ivestigation will address the cross cultural component

• Remember to explain how this cross-cultural perspective will allow you (the reasearcher), to empathise (identify) with the "other"

• Also remember to explain how this cross cultural study presents you with a view that is beyond your normal realm of experience​
so apparently, this part isn't needed in the intro anymore. this is according to my sac teacher, who does BOS stuff alot, all to do with SAC

brwalford

HSC
N/A
Bullet point guides to writing the PIP have their place but when you've assembled all the material into the required format, re read the whole thing and come away slightly dissatisfied but unable to put your finger on what's wrong, it's time to show it to me. I can help you shape, edit and refine your prose so that the reader is left in no doubt about how your primary and secondary research refutes or corroborates your thesis statement or question. Remember, you must get personal- that's how your PIP will have heart.
Who the hell am I? A 63 year old bloke who has been teaching and marking HSC Society and Culture for the last 10 years.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
This is wonderful! Such a detailed guide. 2015'ers - you must have a read!

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Bump! Have had numerous messages about the PIP and I always recommend this guide (among many others as well). Have a read 2015'ers.

fionaw

HSC
Is there a link for this PIP guide on this thread or a website, where the guide can be located?
If there is a link, I can't seem to locate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)