Guide to UNSW for new students! (1 Viewer)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I have compiled my own manual to UNSW for future UNSW students. I know that babydoll has already made a summarised thread on this, but I thought I could pick up somewhere where she left off and add more detail and colour. It is still in development and I will make additions over time. Constructive suggestions from the rest of the unsw population is welcome, and I will give credit if you wish.

The latest manual v2 can be found here:
version 2

The manual v1 can be found here:
version 1

@Mods, if you think this is beneficial, you can either sticky this or merge it with babydoll's thread.

Thanks guys
wolf

Latest update: Published prototype of version 2.

If there is anything lacking in this guide just post below and I'll make changes

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
It's good plagiarism was covered because it is the worst sin one student can commit and prevention is better than the cure (if there is?).

EDIT:

I'm pretty sure PC means Pass Conceded.
It's in the MATH1231 information booklet.

Last edited:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL theres bambel wearing this year's yellow shirt jersey :D

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
About darkwolfzx's manual/pdf thingy:
quote: "something about failing a course near the beginning" - more on this later.

What more will be added to this?
I am eager to know, since i am going to phail 2 subjects this semester..

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Basically I elaborated on that stuff in a lower part of the guide. I've received some suggestions in improving the manual and I think I'll be tidying it up a bit.

But I do know that if you fail 2 courses in a semester your academic standing gets changed to referrel and a supervisor from your faculty will be assigned to help you plan out your program for next semester. If you perform well then it gets changed back to good standing. If you really send uni to hell you might be suspended/excluded.

https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/assessment/academicstandingrulesug.html

ashllis92

HSC
hey, I can't actually open the link, do I need any special software or anything weird like that?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
hey, I can't actually open the link, do I need any special software or anything weird like that?
The link no longer exists. Probably because Darkwolfzx no longer exists on these forums.

kelvinator124

HSC
thank you the maunal's great and i have a question to ask, when can you join the UAC and Faculty of Engineering Admissions Scheme, are these programs that add bonus points to your ATAR??? Also does undergraduate mean year 12?? or like uni students who havent graduated??

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
thank you the maunal's great and i have a question to ask, when can you join the UAC and Faculty of Engineering Admissions Scheme, are these programs that add bonus points to your ATAR??? Also does undergraduate mean year 12?? or like uni students who havent graduated??
answers ur question

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Darkwolfzx has not been on BOS for nearly a year now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)