Guitar anyone? (1 Viewer)

mack

Banned
HSC
I was hardcore until the HSC year. I just release stress by tuning all strings down a perfect fourth, and bringing the mosh with 32nd note speedpicking in the diminished scale.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
yeah, acoustic
I did it to escape studying too sometimes but I stopped for a long time after the music performance exams- so sick of it.
but now I'm back into it. I sing aswell

Shmacka

Toongabbie, Sydney, NSW, Australia, Earth, Galaxy,
HSC
Nice. I guess i could say im still learning basics. Dont know many chords, just ones that i stumble across really. I'm self taught mostly, but my neighbour got me onto the music scence and he teaches me stuff whenver we have a jam. Im getting heaps better but im still way off him...

My goal atm is to play QOTSA - Mosquito song. Its shitting me, i just need to tick at it a bit to get the rhythm going. Then when i get that maybe Stairway to H or Classical gas.

Just learnt 3 Days Grace - I Hate.....yada yada. I can play whole song so im chuffed.

Whats the last one you have learnt?

timrie6

HSC
N/A
last one was one i wrote myself.
and the last cover i learnt was..
probably my hsc songs:

radiohead- karma police
radiohead- fake plastic trees
missy higgins- scar
the superjesus- so lonely

once you learn some of the theory you can work most of the chords out

Jase

HSC
I just don't get guitar theory. Actaully.. i just don't get my teacher.
For about two years, i didn't know what the hell he was on about when he kept talking about "chromatics".. because he told me,' it's a hard concept to grasp', so i put it at the back of my head thinking it was some kind of super-intermediate scale. haha..

Well, theory can go screw itself. Play with the soul. and occassionally make up some chords from feeling rather than arpeggios. theory just isn't the same as the music itself, just like how you can't describe a painting with words the same way you can see it.
although I honestly havn't heard music in any form for quite a while.

Timrie, how do you practice vocals? do you just sing a song, or do you have to warm up with a few scales?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Guitar players are so beautiful. Both males and females... Just their look; I don't think any other instrument brings out how intimate a person can be with music... I mean, some exceptions, but ALL guitarists I've seen... wow....

I need someone to play guitar for me on my 18th. I would seriously melt.

I play guitar............. not good though, cuz I'm just a piano player who wished she did guitar.

Jase

HSC
I think the violin is more beautiful. Oh how i would love to play a violin or viola. You could sway you head and make your head swoosh to the beat of the song. And then Piano is great as well, in terms of sound and variety.. the piano rules hands down.

.. although, you could also mosh to the beat of mack's 32rd note speed picking in diminished.

~~Jess~~

HSC
i used to play piano up until i "retired" at the start of the year! i hated it, but i really wanna play guitar too. when i listen to the radio i always wanna be playing the guitar solos :p
i asked for one for my b'day but havent got around to getting one yet

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
mack said:
I was hardcore until the HSC year. I just release stress by tuning all strings down a perfect fourth, and bringing the mosh with 32nd note speedpicking in the diminished scale.
I play with my wang as well.

Jase

HSC
Hey have you seen that wang clip. That british comedy thing parodying playschool type things. ahah classic. "Hey let's all play with our twangers!"

Auto Wah

mack said:
maybe exaggerating just a little there??

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I used to play but the HSC , Majors etc have kinda stuffed it all up. I will pick it up again soon.... I just need veg time now but Next year... Hey I could make it my N.Y. resolution.

danie

a fool
HSC
i pick it up when i can't be bothered studying. i used to take lessons then i quit em cause i didn't have enough time to practice the stuff my teacher gave me, plus i hated theory. i've been playing since i was thirteen. i'm not great tho i love to unwind. there's nothing like listening to yourself strumming an acoustic and letting the rain fall.

Jase

HSC
Singing along with guitar is the best... and if you can't sing, then just put yourself into a state of denial to beguile yourself into thinking you have the voice an angel. while the raindrops fall on your head.

Shmacka

Toongabbie, Sydney, NSW, Australia, Earth, Galaxy,
HSC
mack said:
I think you took that to mean soloing or something. Nah, I just make deathmetal riffs to let out the agression.
Thats what i do. PLay some heavyass shit and just go wherever it takes you. Though seeing as i only have an acoustic, i make up some peaceful riffs, or ust play some Tool. Either way its easy to play, sounds so awesome and keeps you sane.

And singing is hard. I cannot do it whilst im playing. Its just impossible

Auto Wah

Shmacka said:
this is what you gonna do, you start off with easy songs like "about a girl" by Nirvana, when you've mastered that, you get the idea of timing in a song and you can sing and play any song.

Personally the hardest song to sing and play that i've come across is Stairway to heaven. But after about an hour of practise you can still nail it.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Shmacka said:
Just practice the song until you can play it without thinking about it, then it is easier to sing to it

ur_inner_child said:
I play guitar............. not good though, cuz I'm just a piano player who wished she did guitar.
I'm a guitar player that wishes she did piano! I'm getting a keyboard soon, should be fun to muck around on.

Jase said:
Timrie, how do you practice vocals? do you just sing a song, or do you have to warm up with a few scales?
I just sing, scales annoy me a bit. For the HSC I just played a few easier songs first to warm up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)