Guitar Hero World Tour (1 Viewer)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
bah. My red drum is no longer working. Apparently it is a poor soldering job and common. Annoying thing is, it was purchased on the 12th October, so the 90 days warranty is over (even though I only got a few weeks out of it - because it was a christmas present). Anyone have any recommendations on what I should do? Is it a waste of time trying to argue with the company, surely they know that most people would get these things for christmas (probably too well).

Anyone fix it themselves (or know of anyone that can fix it)? I'm weighing up wasting my time trying to get it fixed and just opening it up myself (probably voiding warranty anyway) and fixing it myself.

I really wish they made these things to last a decent amount of time.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
might be a sensitivity problem. you might be able to fix it with a midi cable and the appropriate software which you can get from the activision blizzard website

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
runtlocks said:
might be a sensitivity problem. you might be able to fix it with a midi cable and the appropriate software which you can get from the activision blizzard website
I got the cable and sensitivity software ages ago (the sensitivity issue was the first problem). the fault now is just the red drum (it wont work regardless of how high i put the sensitivity up, but all other drums work fine). I'm thinking this problem is probably due to the dodgy soldering issue.

paunchypig

HSC
Yeah the drums are dodgy but mine work most of the time.
GHWT is way too easy for guitar compared to previous ghs but as a band its fun.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bah. My red drum is no longer working. Apparently it is a poor soldering job and common. Annoying thing is, it was purchased on the 12th October, so the 90 days warranty is over (even though I only got a few weeks out of it - because it was a christmas present). Anyone have any recommendations on what I should do? Is it a waste of time trying to argue with the company, surely they know that most people would get these things for christmas (probably too well).

Anyone fix it themselves (or know of anyone that can fix it)? I'm weighing up wasting my time trying to get it fixed and just opening it up myself (probably voiding warranty anyway) and fixing it myself.

Rofl, yeah I've practically smashed my cymbals in...considering whether to just shell out for a later generation kit :(

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

90 day warranty or not, if it's breaking within a couple of weeks of usage there's a manufacturing fault there and the company should provide you with a replacement.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah they're still offering RMA afaik, but too much effort :(

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
This game is epic. I play, live and breathe it. LOL

boris

Banned
HSC
im basically the best there is. 100% on expert on hot for teacher

gella

HSC
:\ nerd
i crash out on hard, around 50% through the song. fuck having small hands

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
This could very well be what i buy with my $900 of stimulus money. Any particular console anyone recommend it on? Does the Wii version have downloadable content? (kinda leaning towards a 360 at the moment)

I really like the songs on rock band better, but i like the hardware on guitar hero world tour more (especially drums). If rock band 2 were out in aus, i'd definitely buy that instead.

All that said...by the time i buy a console plus this game, i might as well buy a real drumkit hey?

boris

Banned
HSC
no because a real drum kit takes real effort and skills and practise lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)