Guitarists that can play AND sing at the same time (1 Viewer)

danieljarvis

HSC
once you practice a song and get it down it makes no difference singing because you don't even have to think about what your playing.. not trying to put these musicians down or anything.. but it isnt particularly hard.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I'll have to back Chris Cheney too, some of those riffs are pretty tricky.

Also to mention other artists, mark knopfler of dire straits, vince neil of motley crue sometimes plays guitar when he sings, paul stanley of KISS (most of the time, when ace needed rhythm), dave mustaine of megadeth, james hetfield of metallica...and most blue players like clapton, bb king and stevie ray vaughan (as mentioned earlier) like to sing along to their riffage. Dan hawkins (i think it's dan, might be the other guy) from the darkness also sings whilst playing and he's got a pretty insane voice.

It's all really a matter of muscle memory...which is only brought about by more practice :)

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
Jeff Buckley, Billy Corgan, Matthew Bellamy, Robert Zimmerman

spiny norman

HSC
Anthrax said:
Robert Zimmerman
A) I have no idea why you referred to him by his real name, except perhaps to appear intelligent and knowledgeable. It didn't work.

B) He can barely sing, and his guitar playing is competent but nothing more. He is one of the greatest, but you'd be foolish to think he has amazing talent in these two fields. Is this list about those who actually have great talent in both fields, or those who can just do both regardless of their actual talent in either? If it's the latter, how incredibly pointless, given most professional guitarists are able to do both. And, as I said earlier, the one who is most talented in both aspects combined is Prince.

A

adamsaclown

damn, Jeff Buckley, why didn't I think of him. He has to be the epitome of this kind of thing.

also Chris Cheney, I agree :cool:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It seems a bit pointless to me, considering that when playing and singing, the performer's attention is not completely on one or the other. That can only be to the detriment of the performance, in my belief.

HSC
you don't know shit, mcdickpant, phanatical goes to the conservatorium of music!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I laugh at the people who said Jack Johnson and Billie Joe Armstrong

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Anthrax said:
Jeff Buckley, Billy Corgan, Matthew Bellamy, Robert Zimmerman
Agreeed.
Buckley is almost angelic
Corgan..oh my god
Matthew Bellamy, saw Muse live and met him, GODLIKE

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
Dave Grohl is pretty musically talented, can play drums/guitar and sing as if he's just jumping around on any other day.

Chris Cheney is pretty damn good, he's a really underrated guitarist, I don't know a lot about technicalities but some of the stuff of the self titled album that he sings while doing on the guitar is meant to be really complicated.

*I know it sounds like I'm stupid - I just don't know a lot about music theory...*

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
spiny norman said:
A) I have no idea why you referred to him by his real name, except perhaps to appear intelligent and knowledgeable. It didn't work.
i did it cause i knew that everyone but you would know who i was talking about. i'm surprised someone gave a fuck.

spiny norman said:
B) He can barely sing, and his guitar playing is competent but nothing more. He is one of the greatest, but you'd be foolish to think he has amazing talent in these two fields. Is this list about those who actually have great talent in both fields, or those who can just do both regardless of their actual talent in either? If it's the latter, how incredibly pointless, given most professional guitarists are able to do both. And, as I said earlier, the one who is most talented in both aspects combined is Prince.
whoa, slow down. i just like his down to earch approach to his records, and live music.

55psi

HSC
man i cant believe no one has said Xavier Rudd!
He is the ultimate of coordination and friggen talent. he can play the guitar, while singing, while using his foot as a bass drum, and his other foot using a jingle/bells and if he isnt singing he's playing one of his didgeridoo's or playing his harmonica while on guitar, and if hes not playing the guitar hes got a couple of small drums and bongos.
Now that is pure talent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)