gulp.. (1 Viewer)

HSC
did anyone else write their creative writing part as a radio interview

i know it didnt say to but i thought id try and go ofr the extra marks but now everyone im talking to on msn is like 'youre fucked'

so im just wondering did anyone else do a different format or anything and do you think the markers would see it and reward it

fuck

try to do something good and it backfires

fuck :(

Retrovertigo

HSC
N/A
Did it specify a certain structure? I can't remember now, I didn't keep a booklet.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
I wrote a feature article. It didn't specify what type of "piece of writing" to write so I assumed my strengths and wrote a feature article... so don't worry about what people say, some people just have it drilled into their minds to write a short story no matter what.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
i thought it said narrative .. i guess i didnt read it properly.

but i wrote a short story - the text type im best at

Jerruy

HSC
"use this quotation as a central idea in your own piece of writing that explores the experiences a journey may hold"

mzduxx2006

HSC
Martyno1 said:
I wrote a feature article. It didn't specify what type of "piece of writing" to write so I assumed my strengths and wrote a feature article... so don't worry about what people say, some people just have it drilled into their minds to write a short story no matter what.
i ended up writing a narrative. it really suited the story i had been working on for the past year. intertwining both physical and emotional journeys together. it worked well. i ended up choosing part b because my story basically revolved around my immigrant father returning back to his home country after a massacre. so i was quite happy that it didnt specify wat text type to write in because then i couldnt have written my story so efficiently. but its over now, and i done my best. guess thats all that matters. teachers wont mark u up or deduct marks based on what text type u wrote ur creative piece in, they mark u on ur ability to pull it off and show ur extensive knowledge of journey. but i agree. a radio interview would be quite hard for you to pull off. but then again i dont know ur capabilities as a student so u could have hammered it.

roosterman57

HSC
i wrote a "feel good" journalist article on an alcaholic who wrote into my paper called "journeys telegraph" (haha i know its so original isnt it?) asking for assistance so we sent him to a rehab centre, all expenses paid, as long as we could monitor his progress and make a story out of it. The story went oka i guess. Meh im happy one is down. 5 to go :D

roosterman57

HSC
i wrote a "feel good" journalist article on an alcaholic who wrote into my paper called "journeys telegraph" (haha i know its so original isnt it?) asking for assistance so we sent him to a rehab centre, all expenses paid, as long as we could monitor his progress and make a story out of it. The story went oka i guess. Meh im happy one is down. 5 to go :D

spangacrab

HSC
I wrote about a bloke who got rear ended and two drivers who did it were dead and that they had kids in the back, bloke saved em and then decided to hope in the smouldering car because he wanted the kids to think it was his fault for the accident instead of the parents, hence no guilt, sacrifice etc.

Mosaics are something, something something, fragments of something was mine.

shona1990

HSC
A radio interview is fine.
Most people see creative and jump straight to a short story. It's good to have something different.

roosterman57

HSC
did you guys actually make the quote the central part of the story. I just started my story with the quote "everyone spoke to him" or whatever it was. and i didnt relate back to it at all. Will this cost me?

ashleypage

HSC
roosterman57 said:
did you guys actually make the quote the central part of the story. I just started my story with the quote "everyone spoke to him" or whatever it was. and i didnt relate back to it at all. Will this cost me?
I did the same thing, and so did everyone else I asked.
I dunno if it will cost us, but I am thinking a LOT of people will have done it too, so maybe they'll realise that it was too much to ask? Fingers crossed =]
My story sucked though, I had to change it to suit the quote and it just wasn't as good.

HSC
I was going to do a letter or journal entry, but just ended up writing a story.

I hate creative writing... but I NEVER HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN!! :D

spangacrab

HSC
I Never actually mentioned the quote in my story, only using it as an idea to go around. Am I fucked?

shona1990

HSC
I chucked the quote in the beginning, then said "a dance of broken, gleaming fragments" toward the end. Talking about a broken heart. lmao.

spangacrab said:
I Never actually mentioned the quote in my story, only using it as an idea to go around. Am I fucked?
There's no way I wouldn't have added it though! Why didn't you? They might think it was just a prepared story that didn't really answer the question... Depending on how obvious the idea that you focused around is.

N

noir.

spangacrab said:
Neither did I... It didn't say you had to refer to it, just said to use it as a central idea. Hope the markers can i tell i did that haha.

efhat

HSC
hmm i used the dance of broken fragments one too....started with it, mentioned it in my dstory and ended with it so im happy woith that......my story was bout a woman who picked up a piece of broken glass hence the quote, and saw a mamore relected in it....blah blah bout how her nan gave her a glass figurine (recurring motif of glass) and told her to keep it, nan died and the girl broke the figurine in her anger only to see an image of her happy nan telling her she is at peace and that she wants her to accept and understand blah balh.....come back to present and she sees the glass in a different light, she pockets it and says "ill look after this one for you nan".......:S hope it worked out ok

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
roosterman57 said:
lols i kinda randomly made reference to it throughout the story - randomly too :p
but oh well , whats done is done !

efhat

HSC
hmm i used the dance of broken fragments one too....started with it, mentioned it in my dstory and ended with it so im happy woith that......my story was bout a woman who picked up a piece of broken glass hence the quote, and saw a memory reflected in it....blah blah bout how her nan gave her a glass figurine (recurring motif of glass) and told her to keep it, nan died and the girl broke the figurine in her anger only to see an image of her happy nan telling her she is at peace and that she wants her to accept and understand blah balh.....come back to present and she sees the glass in a different light, she pockets it and says "ill look after this one for you nan".......:S hope it worked out ok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)