• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Guys with Creativity (1 Viewer)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Re: Giant post to people

thejosiekiller said:
mmm like everyone you need to look at your expectations maybe or just wait it out for someone who you feel is creative enough for ya :)
Ahh, I don't particularly have any expectations; i started this thread not to find anyone (i'm not really looking in teh first place) but because my school has ALOT of creative guys (its a performing arts specialty school) and I just wondered if there were many of them here on BOS...

:) Ah I think i've found a few creative enough people outside of BOS though incase you're wondering. And original too.

good night xx

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
DERRICKISVIET said:
haha yeah, because writing a poem is soo creative

Brogan's amusing.

Well what do you do, if you don't consider poetry creative (I do though)?

xx

Collin

HSC
N/A
luscious-llama said:
The funk, you’re a drummer! Play me some jazz beats (wait what kind of drummer are you?)
Drawing, pencilling, fuck that’s something I’ve never managed to achieve past the cartoonish weird people and walking mushrooms I doodle everywhere

Secksually creativeness also counts. I should have mentioned that too, then I’d REALLY get some interesting posts!
Yeah, I do play some Jazz. I'm certainly a fan of Jazz music though; my former drum teacher piled stacks of it onto me which was a huge influence. I'm also into funk, fusion & progressive styles. Rock can be fun too, but a little cliche for my liking.

As for pencilling, my main fortes were with 'boyish' things. Comics, people, military, fantasy, video games-related etc. I guess it was a past hobby, I haven't really been into it for many years, although some recent cracks at the fun past-time activity proved that I haven't lost too much skill.

And yes, secksual creativeness is very important. ;D

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
it'd be boring to be in a relationship where you have no creativity. both partners should be creative, its like saying guys should be more romantic... if you're cold towards them you cant expect anything else back.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
azzie said:
it'd be boring to be in a relationship where you have no creativity. both partners should be creative, its like saying guys should be more romantic... if you're cold towards them you cant expect anything else back.
:) V. Good point Azzie!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Collin said:
Yeah, I do play some Jazz. I'm certainly a fan of Jazz music though; my former drum teacher piled stacks of it onto me which was a huge influence. I'm also into funk, fusion & progressive styles. Rock can be fun too, but a little cliche for my liking.

As for pencilling, my main fortes were with 'boyish' things. Comics, people, military, fantasy, video games-related etc. I guess it was a past hobby, I haven't really been into it for many years, although some recent cracks at the fun past-time activity proved that I haven't lost too much skill.

And yes, secksual creativeness is very important. ;D
Jazz is "teh secks" as they call it around these parts. Funk, Fusion and Prog are also freaking awesome tooo.

Mmm I wish I could draw well. Even boy'ish things would do, I used to be able to draw semi OK then I found photography and never looked back - I found film before this digital age of things.

Yah creative love life is extremely importaaaaantio
I'd rather not imagine one without creativity.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Smurg said:
Looks like the ones I have on MySpace haha.
Yah, thats true, but its so "eye popping" which makes it okay.
Myspace style is like its own art movement now. Disgusting.

Smurg

Fookin' Hell
HSC
luscious-llama said:
Yah, thats true, but its so "eye popping" which makes it okay.
Myspace style is like its own art movement now. Disgusting.
Hehe yeah.

Hence why I stay away from MySpace a fair amount. ^___^

Hmm, do you have MSN? Show me some of your artttt.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A

Collin

HSC
N/A
Which digital SLR do you use? I was contemplating getting a Canon S2-IS due to it's massive 12x optical zoom and image stabilizer, and then thought it would be prudent for me to just move onto my first SLR instead. Was considering a newbie SLR, like the EOS-20D. Need a pay rise at work though. :D

J

jhakka

Collin said:
Which digital SLR do you use? I was contemplating getting a Canon S2-IS due to it's massive 12x optical zoom and image stabilizer, and then thought it would be prudent for me to just move onto my first SLR instead. Was considering a newbie SLR, like the EOS-20D. Need a pay rise at work though. :D
I'm looking at getting the S2-IS once I pay off my debts and save like hell. It's an awesome looking camera. :D

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Collin said:
I'd love that camera
Ha! You consider EOS-20D a newbie? My work uses it for pro wedding photography!
I have the EOS 300d, its a good enough camera for what I am wanting to achieve and do and make and bake. yah cha

jhakka said:
I'm looking at getting the S2-IS once I pay off my debts and save like hell. It's an awesome looking camera. :D
:D! Oh you're so lucky man!

Egronk said:
Fuck, how post-modern am I?
Not post-modern enough. Post modernism shits me off I apologise.

Master Yoda said:
dude seriously. get a life
Thats not creative enough...should be "DUDE! SERIOUSLY! GET A LIFE!"
You know put a little OOmph into it.

Collin

HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
Oh man, the S2-IS is awesome indeed. :D:D:D Have you seen the video quality of it also? Canon lauds it as a hybrid digital camera/digital video camera and it definitely doesn't fail to impress. You can download some sample vids off Steve's Digicams website.. and the VGA videos are amazing with stereo sound (on a digital camera!). The Image Stabilizer has also been reviewed as top-notch; working very well amongst competitors such as the Sony DSC-H1. I've got the Canon A510 at the moment, and I used to use it to take screenshots of lecture slides at uni from the back of the lecture theatre.. and I had to use 4x zoom to get it properly. But I REALLY had to keep my hands super still to get any legit pics at even 4x zoom, so I'm so thankful for such an effective stabiliser system @ 12x OZ.

Also thinking about an IXUS 55 as a pocket portable. God I need more monehhhhhhhh!

luscious-llama said:
I'd love that camera
Ha! You consider EOS-20D a newbie? My work uses it for pro wedding photography!
I have the EOS 300d, its a good enough camera for what I am wanting to achieve and do and make and bake. yah cha
I'm pretty clueless about SLRs. I heard that the 20D is more of a prosumer SLR.. although Canon does boast it as a good solution for professionals too. Not sure, but I'd sure love one. My step-dad is a massive photography freak.. always has been. He's got so many huge film cameras.. but it's so funny watching him go digital (he has crap computer skills and it was funny watching play around with his new EOS-20). I was also looking at the 350D 'Digital Rebel XT' too.

My god, can't believe I'm discussing tech gadgets in the L&R forum! :eek:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I've got the 350d.

They are a heaps popular camera, and that is because they really are a good camera.

Seriously, for their price they are damn good.

I don't really understand why you would buy a high end camera that is not slr...it would piss me off to no extent, how do you live with only one lens?

And no control over aperture, and such limited shutter speeds, fuck and a whole lot of things.

Erg. I couldn't imagine life without one.

It is only recently that i went digital, but I would rather an analogue slr to a digital non slr.

Collin

HSC
N/A
The S2-IS actually has quite reasonably manual controls. From memory, aperture range is 2.8 - 3.5.. nothing to be sneered at and certainly not 'no control', especially for people who don't require creative options outside of their intended usage (like myself). I wouldn't say the shutter speeds are exactly 'limited' either; personal opinion. The camera itself is supposed to have some features of an entry-level SLR.. and SLR and non-SLR both has it's benefits and disadvantages. Plus I wanted a camera to double as a quality video camera hybrid too, a feature obviously unavailable with SLRs. You can't see why people would rather a high end non-SLR over any SLR, but remember not everyone has the same needs as you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)